This weekend was kicked off by dinner out with my friend GILLIAN and her new boyfriend. We went to Olive Garden, which was yummy. Before showing up, I was encouraged to think up lots of questions to ask her boyfriend, and he was prepared. I guess I am known for asking lots of questions, but really I just like to get to know and understand people (I would much rather ask questions of others than answer questions about myself). He was a good sport and we had lots of fun. After this, Bryan and I headed to the hospital to visit his mom who had just had surgery. She was doing okay considering the intensive surgery she had just had! We came home and crashed after that.
Bryan was up at the crack of dawn Saturday morning to do errands and I vegged around the house. When he got home, we ran some more errands and took Fuz to the vet. He did NOT like the doctor. We have never seen Fuz that angry or vicious before. You know how when you see parents at parties whose kids are throwing tantrums and they SAY their kids never act this way, but you can tell they do? We tried to assure the doctor that Fuz was really a pretty mellow cat but I don't think he believed us. Thus, the appt did not go that well. Basically, he was just there to get his annual checkup on his eyes, because he has an eye disease. And oh yes, Bryan was there to weigh him. Bryan was disappointed that over the last year, Fuz had only grown to be 18.5 pounds (!!!). Fuz has some more eating to do. Yesterday was topped off by a visit to Mom and Dad, to make sure they are okay considering their current state of immobility, and a few more errands, and then another trip to the hospital to visit Bryan's mom again and eat hospital dinner with his dad.
Today I cleaned after church and when Bryan comes back in from the garage, we are going to get down and dirty with our budget, which I am not necessarily looking forward to, but it will be good to be on the same page, so to speak. I am really inspired by the things I am learning in my financial class. And now a sad fact (but is just a small sample of the vast percentages of many Americans): My principal/teaching pastor at the school/church I work at is leading this class. He polled both our class and the Wednesday night class (about 100 adults or 47 couples and 6 singles) on how much CONSUMER DEBT we had. This is everything except mortgages, and of course our individual answers were annonymous. The total debt of just the people taking this class at the church equaled 1.5 MILIION DOLLARS!!! I cannot even fathom this. It is incredible. But once again, I am so glad I am taking this class.
At church, we are also learning some pretty interesting stuff in a lecture series called "Picture This: Snapshots of the Unseen". We are learning about heaven, angels and next week: demons. If you want to listen to any of the lessons, you can go to WestPortChurch.org. So this is my question that I have been pondering. On Friday night, as I mentioned, I was encouraged to ask lots of questions to get to know this gentleman who is courting my good friend. Of course, people think of "tough" questions as those personal ones, such as have you ever smoked? Have you ever been arrested? etc. I think the toughest question of all, that goes with believing in God, is: How do you KNOW you are going to Heaven? I am currently a fan of E! channel, as I have mentioned before and I have watched some true hollywood stories of famous celebrities, and one being Jena Jamison. This was a question at the end of the show. Of course, the show interviewed religious leaders who called her evil, but her response was she was going to heaven because she was "a good person". Unfortunately, that is the wrong answer. You cannot go to heaven just because you think you are a good person. So the past couple of weeks we have been learning about things like this in church, and I just wanted to throw this question out there. With knowing that your life can just change in a minute, it is something worth considering, which I am doing. But I want to know what other people think because I know that I want all my family and friends to be there in Heaven , but I don't know if all my friends and family have made a decision to accept Jesus as their savior and the salvation that He brings. I don't know,just a thought!
I will most likely update tomorrow with part II of my heart drama after I visit the doctor at 3:45. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers!!
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment