So I made it here and have been having fun the last 48 hours! The actual GETTING here...well, not so fun. It started when I went to bed on "Friday night" which was actually Saturday morning at 2 am. I was up late cleaning, packing and doing laundry, plus Dad and I went to the Good Friday service at church (Mom is STILL in the hospital). I woke up an hour later, feeling overtired and nauseous and nervous. I think I was nervous about flying so far away. I have flown by myself before, but just to California which is only an hour flight. So Bryan parked and helped me with my bags inside the airport, which was really busy at 4 am on the first day of Spring Break. When I get nervous, it turns into a bodily mess so I spent most of my time in the bathroom waiting. My flight from PDX down to San Fransisco was very pleasant and I met some nice old ladies to talk to. I waited in CA for 3 hours and then got on THE longest flight ever...around 3 1/2 hours to San Antonio. The trip overall was okay, and I would have slept great if I had not been sitting in the aisle. However, as we began our descent my ears began hurting, I got really hot and the turbulence made me feel even more nauseous...culminating in a very discreet (if I do say so myself) outpouring of vomit into an extra shopping bag I happened to have in my carryon. People were so busy looking out the window that I am hoping no one noticed...except for the smell. It seemed like forever as I waited for my luggage and I was sure that people were smelling me and looking at me then. After I did it that once I felt better and have had no urge to puke since. I now have to wash my puke stained shirt, but luckily I had a jacket on over it.
Saturday night we had a BBQ out on the deck of my sister's new house and the weather and the house are both very beautiful and AJ is so cute...along with his sisters who continue to grow so much in between visits. After they went to bed we filled Easter baskets and watched a little bit of a movie, but I was SO tired. I slept great in the upstairs guest room complete with a balcony overlooking the city. Sunday we went to Mass, which is really what it felt like. There was a MASSIVE amount of people packed into this cathedral, so we stood up for the whole hour but it was a nice service. After we came home we had a mid afternoon meal and hung out a lot on the deck in the backyard. There is also a mama cat and three little kittens who have made their home here, so Alex has been spending a lot of time trapping them and trying to tame them so they can find the kittens some new homes. They are really cute, and I have been trying to help! I wish I could take one home, but it would be too hard! Today Alex had to work, so Naomi and I and the 3 kids went downtown to the Tower of Americas, which is just like the Space Needle, The Alamo and the Riverwalk and the Hemisfair park, all well-known attractions of San Antonio. The weather continues to be great and I am especially looking forward to a potential trip to Sea World on Friday!!! Although, it has been nice to relax and just enjoy hanging out in this big house without a whole lot of commitments and thoughts on what I SHOULD be doing, because I left my work back in Oregon. :-) But keeping up with three kids is hard work too, but it has been more play than work. I have a feeling this week will be really short, and I am not quite sure how I am going to do on the ride home. I might have to dip into my stash of happy pills...ha ha.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
is it mean that I laughed when I read about the puking part?
Post a Comment