Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Lazy Day


So I can be slowmoving. But I am always doing something. Today, I was unmotivated to clean. Unmotivated to plan new recipes. Unmotivated to iron (darn that lineup of clothes forever hanging in my closet...I need my brother in law to come back and "teach" me how to do it again because I can NEVER get all the wrinkles out!). Slow, I may be. Unmotivated and lazy? Hardly ever. I have not been sick at ALL this winter, so I cannot claim sick today. Maybe this is a mental health day? I would say I deserve it. Although I don't know why I have to reason with myself to make me feel better about it. Anyways, today I did go to a cardmaking class this morning and out to lunch with my friend Liz, and after we came back to my apartment and crashed on the couch for a bit, she left and that is where I stayed. I told Bryan when he came home that Fuz is teaching me how to be lazy like him. I managed to finish a magazine and a book that I had started and I took a little snooze. Nothing too major.


The week ended well. I was surprised because even with leaving work early a couple days this week, and leaving yesterday at 5:15 (even better than last Friday!) I am still caught up on all my work. Maybe I am getting the hang of this teaching thing? Or maybe it is because more parent volunteers are finally getting involved, and I have an eigth grade helper in the afternoons now. So you would think I would be more productive with my list of things to do at home, wouldn't you?!?!


Another thing Bryan and I really need to do is sit down and make a budget together, and figure out this envelope system that I have been learning about in my Dave Ramsey class. So far in our married life, I have always done the budget but it is time he is a part of it. I am really enjoying the class so far and really finding it useful. This past week we have been toying with the idea of selling my car that I have had for nine months and getting an older Civic that would be more gas efficient and completely paid for. I still really love my car though, and find it tough to think of any prospective buyer even looking at it. While Bryan has been fixing up his car, I have been driving the lady from the eighties...Mom and Dad's old Camry. I filled it up ONCE in the last 37 days that I have had it and I did not even break $40. My beautiful giant spaceship of a car they created in this generation can only go up to a week and a half and we are putting close to $50 a fillup. Hmmm..what to do, what to do?....


Well, I guess I should go think about making something new for dinner. Not sure what yet. Hopefully tomorrow I can get more done, if I stay off the computer. Ha ha. I am taking my friend Brittany to church with us tomorrow, and then I will go back to babysit while they have a function. Also not sure why I volunteered for that, but hopefully it will be fun. :-)


Have a great week!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Maybe you should buy the camry! You should enjoy lazy days. Seriously, once you have kids, you'll never have a lazy day again.

Kimberly said...

I agree with the other comment! I long for the slow and lazy days once in awhile! Frankly, I would just love to have a weekend to get my projects done without the kids!
I am glad that the class is going well. I really like Dave Ramsey. We just have his book. We haven't had a chance to really start the plan, but we have used the ideas along the way in different areas. The key is just to move forward and keep trying. Love ya!