Not to mention "Like, the coolest teacher EVER!" (as one student said in exaggerated awe as she checked out my new color job on my hair...keep in mind, this is a first grader). Today I typed up the poem I found on the internet, seen below. I copied it 19 times, filled bags with one of each color of jelly bean (my dearest hubby was so kind as to count 19 beans out for each color and sort them in bowls...without me asking), and tied the poem to the cute little bunny bags that say Happy Easter on them. The poems are adorable! I punched flower cutouts onto the white paper with the poem, and punched the corners using another fancy cardmaking/scrapbooking puncher, then glued onto a blue and white cloud design cardstock background and punched the corners of each side of the cardstock. I wish I could send each of you a bag, but just doing 19 took me forever! Anyways, this is the poem, which I thought was neat:
The Jelly Bean Prayer
Red is for the blood He gave.
Green is for the grass He made.
Yellow is for the sun so bright.
Orange is for the edge of night.
Black is for the sins we made.
White is for the grace He gave.
Purple is for His hour of sorrow.
Pink is for our new tomorrow.
A bag full of colors,
So colorful and true,
Is a prayer, and a promise,
From Jesus to you!
©1997 Charlene Dickerson
So yeah, I pretty much am pretty awesome. I really like the finished product and keep getting more strokes of creative genius frequently. One day I am going to try to be a writer too but right now this cardmaking hobby is pretty fun. Oh and the kids will get an Easter pencil and eraser!
The weekend was fine...just SUPER fast. I was incredibly productive on Friday night (I love it when that happens) and got ahead on my own chores, and then on Saturday I went and cleaned my parents house for them (my Mom goes into the hospital tomorrow to prepare for surgery on Wednesday). I also went to lunch with my friend Melinda and talked weddings. After cleaning at the parental residence I ran errands, Bryan and I went out to a buffet for dinner and went grocery shopping after that, which incidentally is the best plan for your budget EVER (a tip to you, "Sister"). Go to a buffet for dinner (cheap), stuff yourself silly and go grocery shopping (SMART!) We spent $40 under our budget because NOTHING looked or sounded good. Ha ha.
Apparently we wore ourselves out on our non-excessive grocery trip because we slept in clear until 20 minutes before church started this morning. We showed up 15 minutes late (do not love it when that happens...I do not think the preacher does either). The rest of the day I worked on an assignment that has been due to me all year (our staff is reading and reflecting on a book over email called "Kingdom Education". This was my week, so I had to do some catch up on the reading). I also put together my beautiful Easter goodie bags and Bryan and I watched "Rendition". It was okay but left us confused. I do not like when that happens, either.
I did not get to my other homework, for my Financial Peace class. We were talking about debt this week. I decided that, as I drove by the credit union over the weekend, I hate debt. I cannot wait for the day when I can drive by with a clear conscious, knowing that the car I am driving no longer belongs to them and the credit card in my purse has a 0 balance (I am almost there!). I also like helping people out just to help people out...not because I feel like I owe them something. Like my hairdresser, for example. She is my friend and I have babysat for her in the past for emergency situations. I never charge her because she is my friend. However, what I had done to my hair last week would have easily cost me over $100 in a salon. Babysitting is not worth that much! So I agreed to take the kids a couple more times in exchange. Instead of looking at it as a joy, now it is something I HAVE to do for my own conscious. Does this make sense? Anyways, I am looking forward to the day (and Bryan is to) when we can give of ourselves and our finances to others who are more needy. NOT the stinkin' IRS or VISA companies. Okay...off my soapbox and into bed!
Have a great week!
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment