Sunday, January 4, 2009

We can do it!



So our 2008 ended as a surprise, but all in all well. In the span of one month we did some unexpected things- another surgery, a new home. Which made my weeks "off" of school pretty interesting and somewhat boring- boring in the sense that we did not get to go and have fun like we wanted to. We were planning to go to Idaho to visit with family and play in the snow, but in a wacky sort of way the snow came to us and no, it was not fun. But we made it through the whole two weeks of snow with a move and a surgery wedged between. Miraculously, nothing and nobody endured fractures or injuries during the move though it was all done on ice. I am grateful to all who helped Bryan during this time (and to Mom who helped me clean up the remainder of the apt!). The week of the surgery he and I were not happy campers- the most stress we had had in awhile. So even though I was not working due to the weather, I was sitting at home still trying not to go crazy. I might as well have had 18 screaming first graders doing it with me. And though I technically have had three weeks off, it feels like about three days. Oddly enough, it feels like I have not been at work for a long, long time. But my to-do list does not indicate in any sort of way that I have had time off, since it does not seem to have grown shorter. In this way, I am looking forward to January 19 which will be MLK Jr day and my next day off....a day in which I am planning to accomplish all that I planned to do this break and cram it all into one day.

But, I must remember that we got the big things out of the way: other than the two Ive mentioned, we also celebrated Christmas and New Years...each of which culminated in parties at our house the last two Friday nights...I am sure the neighbors LuuuuuuuuuV us right now :-) I met the couple across the street tonight and brought them cookies though...though it may seem like a peace offering, which in a way it could have been, I have been meaning to do this since they did the same for us the day after we moved in (as a side note: we LOVE our house and the neighborhood...everything here is so quiet and nice and sincere).

We finally got our internet hooked up last night so I am trying to remember the tiny fragments in my mind of what has happened these past "few" days...we have had fun just doing the normal fun things we occasionally like to do, such as eating out (due to moving this has happened quite more than normal) and watching movies (Marley and Me is so cute but so sad). We also went to IKEA yesterday...Bryan's first time, my second. We bought a cheap office chair for our office. At the moment the clock reads after midnight and I HAVE to go to bed soon to be back on a normal sleep schedule. Since we are now farther than .4 miles from school, I will have to get up earlier to leave earlier now so 6 am Monday morning will not look pretty.

Oh yes, the point of this blog: Instead of making resolutions this year, I am just resolving to do one thing- be more prayerful in all I do. I think if I just do a better job of putting God first,and acknowledging His power, the rest will come. That is really how we made it through 2008 with a smile on our faces (see picture above) but it could've been better if I had just had more faith in knowing it would all turn out alright. Who knows how 2009 will turn out, but I have a feeling it will all be okay if I just pray more than I worry. We have learned to be patient and thankful. In 2009 I hope to give back to God as well as others with a prayerful and joyful heart.

This picture was taken with the Heinrichs family, which we had the priviledge of spending a lot of time with, especially now that we are neighbors to his parents.:-) They were a tremendous help with unpacking and we had a lot of fun celebrating Christmas with them (We celebrated Christmas with Mom and Dad Heidinger two days before with the Tyrrells as well which was also nice). I will post more pictures...

Prayers for everyone to have a healthy, safe and joyful 2009!

No comments: