With the surgery, moving (no internet hooked up at the house yet), and Christmas, I have officially fallen off the blog wagon and it stresses me out to try to catch up on all the memorable occurences of the last two weeks. However, for nostalgic purposes, I intend to do so. Because Verizon is coming tomorrow (by the mighty force of God...I had to open up a can of whoop a** on them yesterday on the phone after they tried cancelling on me TWICE)I will begin my memoirs at a later time. But because some people may be wondering, here is an account of how my surgery went on Friday December 19, written by my mom. I was too strung out to remember all the details :-).
"Well, she did good today and the procedure went smoothly and not near as long as we were told it could be. Nor did they open her up. The good news first: the connection that the Dr. ablated (burned) last spring is still dead as he said so not causing any trouble. There isn't a 3rd connection that they suspected there was. She didn't need a pacemaker. It was the least invasive way to look. Her heart/valves/walls/chambers all look good.
The bad news is there was nothing to "fix" like we want to happen. We want this behind us-never to happen again. But the Dr. said it could. He does not know what caused her atrial tachycardia in Nov. but it is not from the 2nd connection that she still has. This one is weird-it goes into the heart wall and lies along the good and needed connection we all have. It is too dangerous to go after -he could burn the wall- and it is not causing any trouble now. So that was left. We asked about more spells like she had in Nov. He said that could happen and she would need to get to the ER ASAP. Medicine at this point will just band-aid the arrthymia she has. He said her EKG will always look funny and freak out people but she will need to explain she has this Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. I guess today they gave her a bunch of medicine to simulate her tachy spell in Nov. but her heart stayed in normal rhythm the whole time. So that she had may never happen again or it could. Bummer-some good news, some not so good. Bryan feels good about all this and says we know what to expect and the thing to do is keep CALM. I will always be looking over my shoulder now (or checking Michelle out!)
I did go in to see her after she woke up a little and she asked a few questions but mostly she was so doped up and couldn't hold her eyes open. The Dr. said she can go home tonight if she is OK after laying flat 6 hrs. eating and pottying. Well, they are coming here since tomorrow has a crew lined up to move them. They are renting a house close to his folks. Michelle can't do anything for 5 days so she will hang out here. I get to watch her!! Their cat is here now and really misses them. He walks all over meowing and looking for them. He has attached himself to Gary.
Tonight we came home in snow. Hope the kids get here soon but I think it will be 10 or 11. We are supposed to get 4-6in. of snow tomorrow and freezing rain on Sunday. Crazy weather but hey, looks like we will have a white Christmas. We are tired and still trying to "digest" some of this stuff. I suppose I forgot words, etc. cause my brain is working but my fingers aren't fast enough or something like that!
Thank you all for the calls and mostly for all the prayers for Michelle. We know God is in control here and has His divine plan for her and Bryan, but as a mother, I want it to be perfect. It is pretty hard to see this and wonder why and where it came from. But then I think about the mothers who see their child with cancer and then I think this is nothing. Mitch is up and running around, teaching, happy and having fun. So I get put back in my proper place. A lesson I need to be reminded of every so often."
Thank you again.
Judy and Gary, Michelle and Bryan
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment