So even though it has been sunny this week, I think my mood is becoming greatly affected by the dark nights and dark mornings. Im getting cabin fever. Although, the days are getting longer too so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Bryan has been very very busy lately with working on cars so the lack of attention on each other has also been hard. I am almost looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.
This week I have had the chance to talk to some teachers in the public school and I think the general consensus is I should hang on to the job I have. Hopefully after the economy turns around there will be a mad rush of retiring teachers. After this week, I have caught the "hopeful" bug from the rest of America. I don't know why, but this whole inaguration thing has really had a hold of my attention. Bryan and I don't get real political, and we have not voted to date, but after all the excitement this week I think I need to start voting. Even though I don't know a whole lot about Obama, most of what I did know was negative until this week. Now, in the words of a friend, I think "anyone can be better (than what we had)". Although I do feel bad for Bush. No one should be booed off stage. I spent much time this week reading up on the events of Tuesday and I watched the Inaugural Ball Tuesday night which was exciting (I just happened to be channel surfing and found it...I also started watching American Idol this week...eight (?) seasons in and I finally decided to join the bandwagon). I think mostly I am excited because there will finally be a first lady named Michelle. :-)
So far today I have just been relaxing. Bryan and I tried a new church today that our new neighbors go to and all in all, it was good but a little "old" for us. Yesterday and Friday I spent time with a few friends and housecleaned for mom and ran some errands. I talked to my cousin yesterday who will be getting married in Iowa in July. Bryan and I now need to sit down and figure out the travel details since I have a job to do in the wedding! Next weekend we have three little friends spending the night so I am enjoying the quiet now. This week I also start my new job as a teacher in the afterschool program, which is nice because I get paid to stay afterschool, which I pretty much do anyways. It will be nice to be making a little extra income again.
And now I should probably go clean. Sigh. Have a good week!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A BSD teacher aide told me that all new hires in the BSD schools last fall were hired as temps and will have to re-apply for their jobs for next fall. True?
Post a Comment