Today is Mom's 60th birthday and it dawned on me that you throw parties for people who turn 60! Why didnt I think of this before (Ive known this day was coming)? Then I thought of what we did for Dad's 60th...I was in California babysitting Ava for the summer when she was not yet one, and the four of us secretly flew up to surprise him. So sorry Mom, you get the short end of the stick. I guess we can just sum it up to a lot of other things on our minds right now...maybe for your 61st birthday we can celebrate! Well, she and Dad and Heather and Nick and Lilah are coming over to our house on Friday night, so I suppose we can party it up then.
It makes me happy to be in a house where we can actually be the people who entertain. Apartment living is not too friendly to that. We are really enjoying the house so far, even though we leave and arrive back when it is dark outside. But each day this place feels more and more like home. I only have a couple complaints- one being the shower (not enough elbow room, making it difficult to lather my hair without it rinsing out right away) and the stupid closet in our room which was supposedly "designed" to work better but it is just a headache with all the doors. At least tonight I revamped my shower to make it more enjoyable- I got a smaller caddy, threw out all my old bottles and streamlined my new style line to be upper end shampoo, conditioning balm, and my new fragrance of 2009 from Bath and Body Works: Sensual Amber. My shower was heavenly. Now tonight I am scurrying to get all the cleaning up done before Bryan gets home. Our house is so big now that we miss each other when we are in seperate rooms, thus we tend to stick together on the couch and watch tv in the evenings now (plus we are so tired from being back at work!)
Anyways, Happy Happy Birthday Mommy!!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's OK if you don't have a wild party for my 60th!!! I partied today with Lilah and she was wild enough for all of us!! What a darling baby! And then after one of my (older) brothers said that life begins at 60-the end of life" I don't really feel like partying!! But thanks for the thought anyway-we can eat and betogether Fri. night. That is what matters the most!! (I will search for those quarters here in our stash. I don't have Hawaii yet either) Mom
Post a Comment