So this week week started out well (the 1st graders were really good on Monday and Tuesday), then turned sour (the stress of the accident finally got to Bryan and I) and then ended really well. On Friday night, we had Bryan's sister's exchange student over for the night as well as our friend Melissa's older and younger sons to eat pizza, make ice cream sundaes, play the Wii (Rock band, my gift from Bryan) and watch Toy Story. Yesterday morning I slept in, exercised with the Wii fit (something I had not done since before Thanksgiving) and I went for a bikeride in the nature park behind our house. I also read, watched a movie, did a little cleaning (my only real work for the day) and then Bryan and I had a date last night. We went to Olive Garden (thank you Nicole!) and went to the Valley Theater which is one of those forgotten treasures: they play movies that are between regular theater and dvd releases and so are CHEAP! It felt great for both of us to see a movie for less than it would cost to see one for one person at Regal! This morning Bryan was to pick up his new car (pictures to come) and I went to church with a couple friends. After church I did some birthday shopping for a certain someone's big 60 this week, and then I came home to find that Bryan did not yet have his car and so we watched a movie while we waited. After he left, I took a nap and am now blogging. There are other things I have yet to do, but now I have reminded myself that this coming weekend is a 3 day-er so who knows if I will be productive at all tonight!
It felt great to go to church again today...it has been a long while for Bryan and I. We are still searching (though not actively) for a church we both like, and are considering going back to our old one. It is also the time of year when I need to start thinking and praying about my job and if I want to continue working where I am at or maybe taking a break from teaching altogether. While most people only need a month or so to change jobs, I only have a small window of time and then I am locked in for another 10-11 months...and when you are low on money and your insurance sucks, that could seem like forever. So I am going to strive to really focus my heart on prayer and know that God will provide, like I learned about in church today.
Other blessings this week: I am to start another side job, working in the after school program on Monday and Tuesday afternoons, which will bump up my monthly take home a little; I love my job and the people I work with (and this week there was not a boat load of work to do...though report cards are coming!); the wedding I am in in Arizona in June requires a dress in the same color I already have; I recieved magazines that I paid for a year ago but never recieved in the mail; the insurance co of the other lady offered a nice settlement that in Bryan's opinion will buy us a nicer car; our phone got hooked up thanks to Comcast; Verizon came and picked up their crap they left all over our lawn after we cancelled them; my surgery was 100% paid for and Bryan's two weeks of vacation were also paid for; I spent the entire amount of money in gift cards I recieved for Bed Bath and Beyond for Christmas on bar stools, picture frames and other smaller household items (Thank you very much!).
Okay, so now onto the promised pictures. Since I am no longer able to fill in captions underneath, you will have to make the connections between rooms in your mind. For example, there are bits of Bryan in the house (such as his cars lined up on the built in ledges, which we love along with the vaulted ceilings and skylights which you cannot see), and then there are places you can tell belong to me, such as the neatly organized side of the garage as opposed to Bryan's side. The door to the left of the office and at the end of the hall is Brandon's, Bryan's brother and our new roommate. He was gone at drill this weekend so I did not go into his room. There is also a picture of Fuz and Bryan, in which Bryan is assaulting Fuz with the vacuum cleaner hose on the bed (in case you cannot tell). This ruined Fuzzy's night.
Bryan also went to the impound lot on Monday night to get remaining items out of the car and took some more pictures so we added those on here as well.
2 comments:
Your house is so cute! I can't wait to come over and see it in person.
The house looks great! I think I will bring cranberried pork lion roast for dinner Friday night....
Post a Comment