1.)Q: "Mrs. H., is it okay to use our superpowers when we are out at recess?"
A: "Uh, sure." (Since when did superpowers become commonplace in first grade? At
least this student understood the concept of an appropriate time and place. Ive
heard many questions of the stuff of fantasies but this one was pretty cute.)
2.) Facebook is catching on at work. This leads me to paranoia about being "friends" with co-workers and parents...especially when a link to my blog is on my facebook page...my blog which in its purest form is meant to inform people of what is going on in my life so I don't have to answer a trillion questions but on occassion I can divuldge to the side of wierd or bitchy, and the uncertainty with which I debate about my employment status at this job can't help my case if I decide to keep it. Plus you always hear about people losing their jobs after their boss checks up on them online. I don't know if my boss has a Facebook page, but I know his wife does and I really want to be her friend because she is really nice and it is fun to chat with her. But this leads me to my next question: Where is the line? When it comes to "friends" I feel there is a huge gray area. Most of my "friends" on Facebook are mere acquaintances...some I have had MAYBE one conversation with. I would much rather have a smaller number of initimate friends to keep up on but then what do I do about those who invite me to be their friends? I feel like I have to say yes to everybody because if I say yes to one friend, I have to say yes to the otehr, and it looks better to have more "friends" anyways, right? And this brings me back to my original point...what if some of my more intimate friends are co-workers or people in a higher position than me? I would rather have them but what if they see my other less wholesome "friends"? Do I get rid of some people? Do a little "Facebook- CLeansing"? And maybe I should take that link to this blog off? Grrrr....who knew Facebook could be so stressful??? At least that other social network site fazed out...MySpace what? who?
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My advice is to remove your blog link off FB. Blogspot also has the abililty to make it available only to those who log in. Then you can ensure that only those you intend to see your blog do, and no one else has access. :)
Post a Comment