Monday, October 13, 2008

Waiting...

So I am just going to throw it out there that things have been going really, really well for Bryan and I lately. When I think through our tough year (since 2008 began) we are in the best place right now and everything that I can think of that was a problem is resolved or will be resolved shortly. Any issues that have come up lately, such as Bryan's car, we have been able to resolve quickly and effectively. And we continue to get cool little blessings each day...

So I am very, very thankful.

But then....there is that pessimistic side of me....the logical side....knowing that things won't go smoothly forever...and I feel like I am just waiting...waiting for drama to pounce and I cannot help but wonder when? And will we be ready? For example, I think I am so nervous to move that I make stuff up or overanalyze in my mind...like this morning, when I went to turn my car on...boy, did she grumble. Idling something terrible I'd never heard before, but it only lasted a minute. And then, I thought, I cannot remember the last time there was a day she wasn't driven (maybe when I was in Texas in March?) and no wonder she is tired. I gave her somewhat of a rest this weekend, while I recuperated from my cold, but Bryan still started it yesterday when he washed and waxed it...hmmm...guess we will have to play the wait and see game with that one...

After all, I did marry someone with inevitable bad luck. But I think finally the odds are stacked in my favor...hopefully for awhile...

No comments: