Inside our ride...we barely filled a third of it. It had leather couches (including one in the bathroom), mini bars and flat screen t.v's. The best part was our personal attendant named Graham who was from England though I detected a bit of fakeness to his accent (it was a little too cliche'...too "Notting Hill". I think he aspires to be the next Hugh Grant....either way, he shopped at 7-11 to fulfill our late night munchie desires while we waited/danced in the bus)
Inside our private cabana at the nightclub...I think this was after four drinks...not sure...
Dancing on the main stage overlooking the club...Gillian was so happy!
Waiting for our ride home in the VIP area...I wonder why I can't stand up straight? Oh well...very classy non the less. Ha ha...JK.
Friday night we went with a group of over 20 people to the Haunted Corn Maize on Sauvie Island and it was a ton of fun, though very muddy. Gillian and Brent came along, along with many of Bryan's friends and co-workers. We did the regular maze and then Bryan, Dale and I stayed for the haunted one. It was great fun.
On Saturday night was Gillian's bachelorette party. I picked her up and we drove down to Portland, where we began the evening by eating munchies and having a couple drinks. Gillian opened presents and then at 10:30 was surprised by a knock at the door...it was the Party Bus which was freakin' huge. The last time I saw a bus that big was Lance Armstrong's passing through California on a tour. It was very chic and very fun. We had champagne and stepped off the bus in front of a nightclub downtown where I regrettably pursued drinking, not realizing my limit. This was the first time I bypassed getting buzzed on a few drinks and moved into getting wasted. I found out that I am still pretty logical though I lost feeling in my legs and arms (but no lost memory). When the bus dropped us off, I knew it wouldn't be good to drive home though I had quit drinking awhile before so another sober pal drove me and the bride to be home to her house. I felt bad for shirking my responsibility and then worse when I had to call Bryan at 3:30 in the morning and leave my car in the parking lot at Gill's.
Needless to say, Sunday was pretty much wasted by sleep and extreme fatigue and slight nausea. Bryan took me to breakfast at IHOP though I feared my delicious pancakes would make a reappearance. Luckily, I did not get a migraine and never ended up puking, though I think I learned my lesson. Anyways, it was nice to rest yesterday. Last night we also got our grocery shopping done, so that I could spend time with my other good friend Liz tonight, who came over for Tacos and Dirty Dancing (the movie...it was our fave in high school and we watched it a gazillion times...we are looking to start a revival!).
The rest of the week is looking to be low-key...I am hoping to finally cross off some things on my to-do list and be ready to visit with my sister and her family when they come into town this weekend for a wedding on my brother-in-law's side next weekend as well. It is a very busy time of year but very fun!!
2 comments:
Shame on you-you didn't listen to your mother as you left here Sat. pm and you didn't listen to Dr. Cutie-Pie. Glad you had fun but really you could have had fun without how many drinks?. Hope she is the last of your friend's getting married now.
Don't beat yourself up for getting drunk. Its fun to cut loose sometimes. And, You did it in a very safe manner---none of you were driving and you were out in a large group. Best scenario. Just don't make it every weekend....
Post a Comment