Monday, June 2, 2008

Praying for a Miracle

I resolved today to just pray for God to answer our prayers in ways we least expect. I have been through all the possible solutions to the various aspects of my life that are stressing me out at the moment, and instead of taking control and choosing what is best for myself, I am just waiting for a little miracle to come along that I know is from our Divine Creator. At the top of my stress-o-meter: a job (part-time summer AND full time for 2008-2009 school year)/finances/healthcare/teaching license renewal/ car transmission issues/Michelle's fluttering heart. As you can see, I have little room for anything else at the moment.

Enter Bryan, via cell phone somewhere along the road, time is 5:10. "Hello?" "Hi." "Whats the matter?" "Oh, my car broke." "What? What do you mean...?" "{yadda, yadda, yadda...}" [insert Michelle's thought: Why did I ask?] "So what are you going to do?" "I dont know...someone from work might have AAA" "Or you could call State Farm. They might be able to cover it." (Bryan hangs up, a lightbulb goes off in Michelle's head: Oh YEAH...I did sign up for emergency roadside not even one month prior when we switched insurance.) Ending to story: Bryan gets his car towed home and we save $100 on a would-be towing bill thanks to an intervention that convinced Michelle to sign up for emergency roadside EVEN THOUGH her husband is a mechanic. Also, luckily, Bryan thinks it will be an easy fix so we are saving money there too...

So two hours after I prayed for a miracle that we least expect, we got one. Now granted, this was not on my stress-o-meter because prior to this Bryan's car was fine...BUT it was at least kept off of my stress-o-meter by a little (big) guy upstairs. He still hasn't got back to me about anything else on my list YET....

As a side note...I don't want to jinx this but Bryan thinks my car is still under warranty for its tranny problem...we will be taking it in soon.

No comments: