Thursday, June 12, 2008

Its the little things....

I saw a sign hanging in the doctor's office today that read: "Better days are coming soon. They are called Saturday and Sunday." Well, I think that yesterday was a better day- a good day. And, I was so busy, I did not even have time to get on the computer to blog about it.

It all started when I made the return trek to the cardiologist's office. My heart has been making motions that are unsettling, so he told me I can come in to pick up a monitor. When I got there, he decided he wanted to talk to me to make sure we had the right monitor, so I ended up having an appointment with no $30 co-pay and it made me feel better in the end! Plus, he told me I was a VIP and I could drop in anytime (I think it might be because I am the youngest patient he has ever had!). I got a monitor to wear for 30 days and it looks like a huge beeper with wires coming out of it. Of course, my heart has been fine so far while wearing but I am planning on giving it a little jolt tonight when Bryan gets home and we head for Starbucks. I am afraid for when I have to push the button and call it into the helpline. So I got wired up just in time to meet Bryan on his lunch so we could take my car to the Honda shop...

It has been nearly 24 hours and I miss her. Bryan keeps saying he is excited because it is getting an all new transmission and he doesnt have to do any of the work! We found out that Hondas in the 2000-2001 range had some factory defects with their transmissions, and though my car only has 58,000 miles on it the transmission was already taking a fat dump. We prayed hard for two hours that it was indeed the transmission and no other problems, because our warranty (which we were just 9 months shy of voiding) would only cover the diagnostics, parts and labor if the car needed a new tranny. So that is what we get and it should be penny free on our end!

After that, Bryan dropped me at mom and dad's where in exchange for some housecleaning and mowing, I got a free dinner, some strawberries and a car for two days! It was a good deal except for I could not escape them fast enough without them paying me extra money for all the work
:-( They are so stubborn like that.

After I left there, I went to my new summer job to get reacquinted with the kids and to meet the other daughter who is 13. I have a good feeling about this summer, it should be fun. I also applied to Blockbuster the day before for an evening/weekend job but have not heard back. Maybe I will try applying at Starbucks tonight. I finally ended my day with a visit to my friend Brittany's apt, where she was watching So you think you can dance, and a visit upstairs where I found Bryan playing Wii with our friends/neighbors. We fell asleep after our busy day to Shrek III.

It is these little things, like a kind doctor, a free transmission, and a great summer job, that have recently brought peace to my stressed out mind. And I know that God is still working in my life and has not abandoned me! In the last week or two I have been very sad and worried about a lot of things involving my occupation, finances, decisions and our families. I told Bryan last week that the only constants in my life right now were our marriage and our home. Added to the mix of decisions that need to be made was a surprising and honoring request by my sister to be my nephew AJ's Godmother. His baptism is in California, which would make the commute easy, though it is during a time when we have committed to going to Idaho to visit another sister we havent visited in awhile and Bryan also wants to attend a TV taping of his favorite show "Pinks" and of course "get a lot of work done" at home during his paid vacation. However I feel him and I need a vacation and we just have to decide when and where...

And yes, I signed a contract to return to my school next year for hopefully the final year. I was in the principal's office for 45 minutes on Tuesday morning, after I finished moving all my stuff. He is completely aware of the situation, and because it is a Christian school, he offered his prayers and insight into how I could deal with all of this going on. I am so thankful that he is understanding and sympathetic to the point of making me cry, as he could tell I was reluctant to sign the contract and offered me more time. But, it feels good to have it over with and I am not sure now what I would do if I got a call for an interview elsewhere. I think because of the prayers of everyone in the office, I feel at peace with my decision and next year it won't be a big secret if I am looking for other jobs. I will just have this big cloud of mounting debt hanging over my head... But by faith God will provide!

Well, I better get to work! Only four days left on my personal "summer vacation". :-) Ive got a lot of cleaning and organizing to do!

No comments: