Tuesday, June 24, 2008

2 Years and Counting...

So it was two years ago that Bryan and I got married. All day today I would look at the clock and think...

"Oh, this was the time I was waking up" (7:15 am)

"This is the time we were starting pictures" (2:00 pm)

"This is when we were in the middle of the ceremony" (4:35 pm)

"This is when we left the reception" (8:00 pm)

"This is when we were eating our late night dinner on the Waterfront at the Riverplace Hotel" (9:30 p.m)

It is amazing how fast that day went by, but yet (and probably beacause) it was the best day ever and I hope I can remember these details for many years to come. When I inform Bryan of the details ("2 years ago at THIS time...") he just groans and asks " Are you going to do this every year?" It is amazing how clear some details are but how overall fuzzy the day as a whole is becoming...

It seems the first year took a long time to get to, probably because we were counting the months, but this last year flew by. It is hard to believe we are now going into our third year...

So to celebrate, we went out to dinner last night and then tonight we got our hair cut at a friend's house and hung out with her for awhile (today was the only night we could fit into our busy schedules). I made Bryan a card, and he bought me one and included a big bag of my favorite candy, Sour Patch Kids. Awww....how sweet (or sour...ha ha).

Next week we will be leaving for a 5 day trip to California, where hopefully we will find some time to relax and enjoy each others company...we are both looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Hey Bryan, Every anniversary I do the same thing as Michelle does. I remember what happened when on Dec. 28, 1969. So now you know where that comes from!!! And I bet 38 yrs. later, she will be telling you what was going on June 24th, 2006. Just bear with us!!!