At the risk of sounding like a tired infomercial (or extremely bored housewife), I just thought I would share some new information that has finally been tested and is true! Three weeks ago my apartment manager told me to use Windex on tough spots to get out from the carpet, after I complained about how our nice beige carpet is somehow riddled with spots that look mysteriously similar to those of grease spots, but this would be impossible since no one here ever encounters grease, and besides, we always take our shoes off at the door.
So tonight after my grease monkey went to bed (and I finally got up the energy) I got down on my hands and knees and put my finger muscles to work, spraying Windex and scrubbing out these spots that have been plagueing my consciousness for months after every time I vacuumed. And it worked!! Better than carpet cleaner, she promised (she heard this from a professional) and I have to believe it. Then, I tested it on some mischevious red sauce by the coffee table (salsa or pizza sauce?) but I was not as lucky on that round.
Now, before bed I will be onto another experiment that involves a plate of water with dish soap and a lamp shining over it, all placed on the carpet. It is supposed to attract fleas and they are supposed to get stuck in the soap. We will see if it works...
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment