I have not stepped on gum in years. I had no idea people still spit their gum on the ground instead of disposing of it in the proper receptacle. I thought as a civilization we have moved past that. I can't imagine why at the VERY least, they could not spit it into a place where no one will step, like a bush. I understand the feeling you get when your mouth gets tired of chewing and you just have to spit it out. But do like I do and stuff it up against your gum and your cheek until you can find some paper and a trash can. Spitting gum out in the direct line of fire (or steps) is one of the most selfish acts I can think of currently.
Anyhoo, this public service suggestion follows on the heels of THREE (not one, not two but THREE) recent incidences in which gum and my shoe have come in direct contact. Of course, I was wearing different shoes each time. So now I have a shoe that spells like Bubble Bubble, a shoe that smells like spearmint and a shoe that smells like watermelon Bubble Yum.
Lord have mercy.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oops I just dropped some gum in the parking lot today and left it there. But in my defense, I had a crying four year old I was trying to drag to the sidewalk while holding onto the baby carrier with AJ in it and trying to make sure that Lauren didn't get hit by a backing up car. I still felt bad about it, but there is no way I could pick it up.
Post a Comment