I couldnt get up the cajones to call the doctor on Thursday so my sweet husband offered to do it for me. He has really stepped up to the plate on a lot of things for me lately, as I have been trying to "decompress," such as calling the doctor, scheduling appts for the house, showing me how how to do simple things I can't figure out (like how to pull the cap off a new stick of deoderant...I would have never thought to just turn the dial at the bottom)and he even offered to do the finances. The doctor didnt get around to calling Bryan back on his cell phone until last night and the news was good and bad.
It was good because we prayed for a clear answer on what to do next, and after my dr. talked to the other cardiologists in his office the answer was made very clear. The bad news is they are not sure what caused my heart to go into a tailspin a couple of weeks ago. We originally thought it was the WPW syndrome I have, which is the open connections between the chambers of my heart. While those are still present and causing issues, I now apparently have more issues. So medication would only "buy time" until the next attack. The doctors all feel confident that we can go in there and attack the open connections without any *major* risks. They also want to make sure the procedure in April still worked on my original open connection. And finally, they want to do more testing to figure out what else is going on. So this is why surgery is the clear answer.
I am calling on Monday to schedule the surgery. I am hoping there is an open spot next Friday, December 19 before Christmas break. However, the dr. said this could take many hours and other drs. need to be present as well, so we will see. From a financial standpoint, it would benefit us greatly to get it down before the end of the year since we have already met out $6000 out of pocket max on the first surgery. Mentally, I feel more at peace about it than initially. A mom (who I don't know but is apparently well aware of me)stopped me in the hall yesterday who works at another hospital but knows of my cardiologist through the work she does and she reaffirmed that he was an excellent doctor. God has really been speaking through his people, I believe, so this has helped in calming some nerves.
In other good/bad news, we got the house we wanted! Our lease on our apt ends December 31, so sometime in all this mess we will be moving! It will be a very busy month and I will be very happy when it is all over! Somewhere in there we will also celebrate Jesus' birthday! :-)This past week was busy enough with the Christmas musical and visits with friends and family and it was only the first week of the month!
I am hoping the minute it turns to 2009 that our life will turn around and our problems will all be gone! This has been a rough year on us physically, emotionally and financially. I am beginning to once again consider other jobs for next year, to help with finances and insurance, but finding an insurance company that will take us could be a trick. Oh well- God has a plan in all of this. He helped us work through it all somehow this year and He can do it again!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment