Monday, December 8, 2008

The date is set!

Today was an anxiety provoking day but all ended well. I called at lunchtime to schedule my procedure, which last time was done in two seconds. This time, the secretary informed me my diagnosis may have changed following the events of November 20 (uh....huh...???) and she will need to talk to the doctor to decide which type of procedure she should schedule. I asked her if she could at least tell me if we could get something in before December 31, as Dr. thought it wouldnt be a problem. She said "Well he must know something I don't because we are pretty much booked up." My stomach did a flop and my heart skipped a beat as I saw another 3 years in loan repayments floating out the window (if I am all fixed by December 31 it will be free since we have met our annual out of pocket max). She said she would have to call me back. I waited, prayed, waited, prayed, waited, prayed... all... afternoon....

Finally at 4:30 I couldnt take it anymore so I called and wouldnt ya know, she was talking to the doctor the exact moment I called. When she called back 10 minutes later, she let me know that since I am "tricky" they had to schedule two doctors and it was a challenge. In the back of my mind , I was hoping and praying Dec 19 would work but I was ready to take anything...so imagine my awe when she asked, "Do you have a calendar available? How does December 19 work for you?" I told her to sign me up. I am admitted at 10 and "on the table" at noon, which means I will most likely stay overnight with 6 hours in surgery (estimated) and six hours bedrest after.

Now that it is all set in stone and we know the plan, I am relieved.I will be nervous the day before, since i know what to expect, but it could also be helpful. Looking back, God had the timing perfect. Since I was not 100% convinced I was completely healed after the first surgery, I was praying that if anything were to happen that it would be fixed by the end of the year. Also, if I have another problem on top of my W.P.W., I am glad for what happened at school two weeks ago...the sooner we find out about it the better. Still, when I think about all that has happened this year I can't believe it...all I can say is please pray that after this surgery I will wake up completely healed AND without a pacemaker!

2 comments:

Nana said...

We WILL be praying (and pacing!) We are behind you all the way and will help you out in anyway. God has his plans for you and Bryan and even tho it doesn't seem fair or what we want, He is in control and we must surrender to his will.And after living with Dad's pacemaker, it isn't the end of the world and it beats the alternative.We love you and will be there the 19th.

Nana said...

We WILL be praying (and pacing!) We are behind you all the way and will help you out in anyway. God has his plans for you and Bryan and even tho it doesn't seem fair or what we want, He is in control and we must surrender to his will.And after living with Dad's pacemaker, it isn't the end of the world and it beats the alternative.We love you and will be there the 19th.