A terrible shot of my dress (after I had just stood from eating...something I looked forward to all day! Dont let the fat belly fool you...)
The bride and groom (Awwww!!!)
I wish I had had my camera on Friday. We were headed to the neighborhood school so the boys I babysit could play at the playground. I was too busy texting Bryan to really pay attention to little 4 year old Ronan, who was complaining about his scooter (the rod between the front wheel and the handlebars was loosened, making the wheel misaligned with the handlebars). As we were walking, we passed a nice old man out getting his mail (if you remember from a previous post, these people live in a modern-day Brady bunch-esque neighborhood where everyone is uber-friendly.) After greeting them, he says to Ronan "Whats the matter? You dont look too happy." Ronan tells him in his 4 year old lingo that his scooter is broken and the kind old man offers to fix it! So we follow him up his driveway (to my knowledge, they have never met before since we were half-way to the school at this point and it is about a 10 or 15 minute walk...I know, I am a negligent babysitter!) and the old man disappears into his house only to reappear through the garage a few minutes later with knee pads and a mini tool box, along side his little old wife who is giggling/cackling at the boys. A few minutes later, the scooter is fixed and we are on our way. I felt sort of bad leaving him on his knees, because I did not politely know how to ask if he needed help getting up. But i felt the need to blog about this because too often we tend to focus on the self-centered people who are rude and negative influences on the world, and overlook the kindness of strangers.
Speaking of hearts, Doctor Jones' nurse told me when I called on Friday that he would get back to me early this week. Since I happen to know that Dr. Jones likes me a little bit, I knew he would call me back later on Friday and sure enough he did. He said he did definately see abnormalities in my report from the heart monitor I wore for a month, but nothing "too concerning". He does not think it is even the other pathway they left open, so essentially now I have two problems. If this current problem gets to be a problem, I can take medication which I am not too keen on since I am already on diuretics for swelling and hope to be off those soon. I am at the point now where I would just like a new heart altogether. I feel like this one is a ticking time bomb and I am tired of it doing its thing whenever I work out or even when I am just sitting. Not to mention, I will need another surgery a number of years down the road for the other open pathway they found in surgery #1. Oh well- I guess as long as it does not quit altogether I should be happy.
In other news, this past weekend was super busy as I was tied up with a wedding rehearsal Friday night, the actual wedding on Saturday and working on Sunday. The wedding was beautiful, located at a pioneer church in the country and my friend just glowed all day long (usually she is very quiet and reserved). We all had a lot of fun! Bryan had the day off so he played golf while the girls were getting ready...so his day wasn't half bad either though his latest thing is he wants to go surfing with our neighbor( but no time yet)! I did lots of driving which equals another $60 in gas this week! One good thing about school starting is that I work a half mile down the road! One night as I was driving home along I-5 I passed a semi-truck with a horn that sounded like a cat -call whistle from the old fashioned cartoons. It was super loud and I had to stop and think, did I really just hear that? It was very strange. Then I started to wonder, is that his horn or did he just get that installed so that he could honk at the girls driving by?
Bryan has turned in his 2 weeks notice at Napa now and will be working extended hours at the shop for Steve, which means less driving for him, more of what he loves to do and equal or slightly more pay than what he was making at Napa (His boss is a great guy for allowing him to do this!). He will work 8 am-8pm Monday through Thursday, regular 8-5 on Friday, and 9-12 on Saturday, which means the rest of his weekend will now be open which we are both super excited about! And, since I am less than thrilled about my parttime job at the video store, I am hoping as soon as we get caught up on bills I can stop that, too! Today I had off since my boys' parents had the day off so I got caught up on laundry, groceries and I even bathed Fuz, which went down way more successfully than it ever has for Bryan. Not once did he cry and he even stood under the running water for me! Afterwards I had to cuddle him in his towel for a long time, though.
Now I need to start working on those other things I need to do!
1 comment:
what pretty shots. I love the color of the bridesmaid dress...Tiffany blue! Both the dresses are really pretty, too. And so are the ladies!
That's good about the work loads shifting. It's good to have time on the weekends to do what you need to do.
And what a sweet story about the man fixing the scooter. Sounds like something Mom and Dad would do! :)
And what's with your heart???
P.S. I should have just emailed you.
P.P.S. I left a comment on the fuz video.
Post a Comment