This past week has basically stunk. I had to do an art class for teachers in Vancouver all week and the commute which was up to an hour each way wore me down and after the first couple of days the class itself was insanely mundane. If it weren't for my good friend taking the class with me, I am pretty sure I would be without an eyeball by now because I would have had more fun poking it out with a fork. In addition, I was operating on little sleep because I stayed up late Sunday and Monday and had to work til 12:45 on Tuesday night and by Wednesday, I was crawling and I found myself sick on Thursday with every sort of ache/pain and complaint you could think of. In retrospect, I think it was the 24 hour flu and I am still in the developing stages of a hearty cold. Bryan was also not feeling 100 percent, and I hear there is stuff going around which is always suspicious in summer and I think it makes being sick all that much worse. So I left art class (after getting up at the crack of dawn and driving there barely comprehensibly) after only an hour and a half, and I tried to go to work that evening and made it through about 2 1/2 hours. Friday was only a half day of art class ( I passed...woo hoo!) and then I babysat in the afternoon and worked last night. Today my body feels back in shape, except for a sore throat.
So far this weekend I have been laying low, running errands with friends and visiting family and also taking care of Mom and Dad's yard, since they will now be in North Dakota for a couple of weeks (Grandma broke her arm and is scheduled for surgery Monday). I got some wedding shopping done for my friend's wedding next week (which reminds me, I have to still make sure my bridesmaid dress fits!) and my sister-in-law and her family are in town and staying with us, but luckily they have made it easy on us and I am not required to cook! Tonight Bryan and I are going to cash in my free Birthday Burger at Red Robin before it expires so that is exciting! I would also like to see The Dark Knight, but I have a feeling the rest of the world is going to be seeing that this weekend as well. Overall, the future (the immediate future...as in the rest of the weekend) is looking bright after a long, boring and sufferable week (right, right...woe is me :-(....I just HATE being sick). Next week is back to the normal summer routine: nannying and doing a couple nights at Blockbuster! My other sister in law keeps reminding me that not too many weeks of summer are left, so I need to get my butt in gear with some more home organizing projects I have in mind.
Speaking of the art class, I have a rhetorical question on my mind. I am not sure why this bugs me, or maybe it is because this happened on the day I left sick and I was grumpy, but WHY do people feel it is necessary to take their little tiny (and honestly, often ugly and annoying) DOGS with them EVERYWHERE they go?!?! I remember growing up it was the cutest thing to see dogs riding in the car for a car ride, but if we ever got that opportunity (which we didn't) dogs always stayed in the car. Recently, it is like dogs have become an accessory and I am not sure why and more so, why establishments allow that. Yay for Target, which now has to post a sign on the door mandating that only service dogs are allowed in the store (but yet they sell the dog bags and matching sweaters to dress your dogs in when they go out on the town with you. Doesnt that sound ridiculous?)
So anyways, my friend and I were at a class for teachers and this one crazy lady brought her stinky dog for the whole day. She claimed to the instructor that she (the stupid dog) wouldn't be a bother, set her in her bag and hung it on the back of the chair. Not ten seconds later this dog yipped and it was like the earth shattered and Fiffy comes right back out of her bag for reassurance. Aside from my initial obvious questions on how hygenic is it to cart an animal around in a purse and what happens when it needs to do-do, I also found myself wondering how sane is this woman? I mean, really? If you read my blog, you might realize (as do I ) that I might have a slight obsession with my cat, and yes, he has been known to travel to his Grandma and Grandpas' houses but after doing it only a couple times I realized what a pain it was and that I think I can emotionally survive being separated from Fuz if I need to do a couple errands, much less take a stinkin' class. I thought that was so unprofessional. So I guess there are really two types of people who take their dogs with them: those who simply view dogs as an accessory, and those who are crazy enough to think the world revolves around little Fiffy. Either way I think it is silly and needs to stop. I dread the day people start walking around the grocery store with snakes wrapped around their necks and alligators on leashes.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW! That does sound like a horrible week. I hate those kind of weeks, that feel never ending but at the same time, feel like there is no time to get anything done.
Post a Comment