Wednesday, July 30, 2008

4 year old logic...

Today we went mini-golfing at a sad little place that used to be so much better when I was young. On the way there, the four year old asks me completely out of the blue, "Michelles (he adds an 's' to my name), where is your Dad?" Of course, this question not only confuses me (he has never met my dad) but concerns me a little bit as well (as in, should I be calling my parents to make sure they are ok?). I told him "He is on vacation in North Dakota with my mom. Why?" "Because...." and that is the end of the conversation. After mini-golf, we came back to my apt for lunch before meeting my friend and the boys she watches at the park. It suddenly hit me from previous conversations with kids under 7 and I asked, "Ronan, who is the guy that I live with?" and Ronan answers "Your dad!". Its funny to me that little kids think that guys and girls who live together are mom and dad, and they call each other that, regardless of whether or not they have kids.

And this little guy is cute. He has a lot of cute facial expressions and thoughts. After serving them milk in ceramic mugs (because I don't have kid glasses), he daintily picks his up and tips it towards me and thoughtfully asks, "So, hows your day going?".

No comments: