Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wow.

This weekend has been a different one, but very fun. Bryan and I usually don't do crazy things, and when we are not working we are usually tired. But lately we have both been feeling restless but stuck with the inevitable question on what to do? When we are on a limited budget and have limited time, the usual options are watching the free movies I can rent, going to an arcade (Bryan's choice) or going out for dessert (this is real great for the diet).

Friday night after work, we got pizza and then fought about what to do. It was all a miscommunication because I knew Bryan wanted to go to the track and was okay with doing that, but he had already made up his mind that I did not want to go and we weren't going. So after convincing him I did want to go, we went and had fun (I had more fun than Bryan because I inadvertantly became a bit tipsy with the wine cooler(s) I had with pizza). Bryan's night turned magical when the Nissan Skyline GT R showed up. This car has been illegal in the US since its conception but now finally, if you have $80,000, you too can have one! It was illegal until now because it is a bit on the fast side, and this is the way it comes stock. The one we saw was the first in Portland and it drew crowds. Im sure Bryan would have died a happy man right there. (Maybe when his boss retires and Bryan takes over the shop he can buy one...Bryan is convinced this will happen in the near future!) Supposedly, this car tops his most wanted list, even over the Porsche 911.

Saturday we both worked. And then we once again struggled with what to do after the 5:00 dismissal from work. We ate leftovers and watched a movie in bed (also something we never do in the early evening!). After tossing around ideas and calling friends, we settled on not having any plans and went over to our friend Melissa's house. Her kids (including Jacob who I have blogged about before) were spending the night with their Grandma so Melissa needed to enjoy some "time off". Somehow, after an hour of talking, we all decided it would be fun to go to La Center, Washington, which is about a 40 minute drive from here (without traffic, at 10 pm on a Saturday night). Melissa had been there before and Bryan had heard of it...known as a "mini-Vegas" its a short distance off I-5 near a reservation and nothing else. Out in the middle of nowhere, you drive suddently upon about 4 or 5 casinos within about a two block radius, in which are plenty of people, games and CHEAP drinks. Since I had my turn at being tipsy the night before, I took over as the DD and continuous fun ensued for the next three hours. Bryan at one point was up over $100 but we left only $25 poorer. Melissa, on the other hand, won about $65. Not bad for an otherwise boring Saturday night! We got home (after a stop at the drive through in Beaverton) at about 2:40 am and Bryan unfortunately had to get up for work at 8! I asked him if he had any regrets about last night, but he just keeps saying how he had SOOO much fun...it was even "a thousand times better than our trip to Vegas".

Today I have just been exercising (a beautiful day for a walk/jog to visit my husband at work and join him for lunch) and talking on the phone and now blogging. Never mind that I need to clean my house, water my mom's plants, go to the bank and wash my car! I don't know what it is about me lately that has been shirking all responsibility in favor of being lazy or having fun. I seriously cringe at the thought of returning to my normal job in three weeks. Looking back now, I definately ended the school year on a personal low-point in my life (possibly on the edge of a breakdown?) and maybe this is why I am rebelling against myself now. I know things should be getting better for us and it is also okay to have some fun, but if I don't get my files cleaned up and my excell budget in place by the end of this month, I dont know what I will do!

Oh, I hear Bryan just came home! Hopefully Bryan and I will have more exciting news coming up this week! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh now I am super curious!! Can't wait to here what it is!?! Pregnant? Just kidding! :)

Kimberly said...

yeah! What is the exciting news?!?!?