Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break...so far.

Spring break so far has been very restful and fruitful. I have cleaned the house, completed the laundry, done some reading, took a nap, went to church, exercised (hopefully twice by the end of the day), went on a picnic and a Sunday drive with my husband to our future neighborhood (Forrest Heights in the Sylvan Hills...ha ha), finished season 2 and begun season 3 of Weeds, ate a DQ Blizzard (more about that later)and visited with family. Tonight we may also go bowling. We were going to go to OMSI today with our friend Melissa and her kids, but Jacob got sick so we are putting that off until next weekend. Bryan doesn't have any time off this week, so we must wait!

I had my first Weight Watchers meeting on Wednesday which was very informative. I found out how many points I get to eat each day, though I am having trouble fulfilling my daily requirement because I am halfway through my Daniel Fast, which is mostly veggies and fruits which are free with the point system (hence, the fatty Blizzard from DQ on Friday night...not a good way to go and I won't be doing that again...for awhile :-)) But I feel skinnier, more energetic and less bloated. I think I have lost at least four pounds, maybe as much as eight!!! Woo hoo!

We had our nutrition field trip to Albertsons on Thursday afternoon, which was a circus because it was the last day of school before spring break. I was so happy to see the kids go and to go to bed that night...Field trips always wear me out! Friday was grading day and then I took dinner to my friend's parents house and visited with her mom awhile. Her dad is most likely dying very rapidly of cancer so we are all praying for a miracle. Along with that bit of bad news, we also found out that we do owe money on taxes, to the tune of about $1500, which is not as bad as last year because we made some changes but obviously it wasn't enough. Luckily, we have this money saved but now I am stressing out about what I am going to do for money this summer. With the economy the way it is, who knows if I will be able to get a summer job or if it is God's will, I may get another permanent, year round job away from teaching for awhile. Im just not sure what that may be at this point. As my friend's mom said (she used to be a Hillsboro school district principal) as a teacher, you are always fighting for your job. I think this is ridiculous, because we are not getting paid the most competitive salaries anyways. Im just not feeling like fighting for a job anymore that drains my hours of free time and pays only pennies. No matter how honorable it may be. Even though districts may be impossible to get into, I know I will always be able to go back to Life, and there is a very good chance I will. I think more and more that I wouldn't mind a break. Im just not sure now is the best time with the economy though...

So, now I am thinking of all I need to get done on this spring break and hopefully I make a lot of good progress! I wish it will be sunny, but it is not looking like that now! Oh well- summer is just around the corner! Better get busy and find that job!

No comments: