


All summer long I have scornfully watched as hot summer days have passed, wondering "Is it hot at the beach?" while I or Bryan slaved away at all of our jobs. As the official last summer day came upon us today, we decided that we would take a day together to do something fun and it was BRYAN my HUSBAND the SAND HATER who suggested going to the beach. When we told our friend Melissa that yesterday at church, her mom jokingly asked us if we wanted to take the kids. Since Melissa had to work and her mom just moved and we love the kids to death, we thought it would be fun. And it was. We actually had more fun with them than we would have without them. Its great to have kids sometimes, but even better to drop them off and come back to a nice quiet apartment, where we both promptly laid down and fell asleep. Hey, if they got to do it both on the way to and coming back from the beach today, we figured it was our turn! They all had fun and Zachary and Adeline are both just as cute as Jacob, who we have babysat numerous times before. And they are all crazy about Bryan. He could not keep them off of him, even after dinner tonight at their Grandma's, which was recieved in exchange for our day of fun with the kids. Not a bad deal!
The rest of the weekend Bryan had off but I worked at Blockbuster on the nights. I am thinking I will be hopefully done there by the end of September. It is wearing me down and it is wearing Bryan and my relationship down. But we had a great weekend...Bryan BBQ'd steak that had been waiting in the freezer for us on Saturday and we both got to run errands we had been waiting to do and on Sunday we went to church and out to lunch with Gillian and her fiance Brent, which was also fun. We have not eaten this heartily in a long time...another reason to quit my second job! But going out to eat is fun....though it does get expensive after awhile!
Tomorrow is the first day of school. I will have to look back on my blog a year ago and compare. I think I know what I am doing this time around, but when I think of all the school supplies that are going to be flying at me tomorrow morning I want to cringe. At least I met most of them on Back to School night last Thursday night. Mom did a wonderful job helping me get ready (THANK YOU!) and despite being sick with a sore throat and cough it went well. So at least tomorrow I sort of have a better idea of what I am getting into. I will update later!!!
Have a good week!
1 comment:
You guys are so cute!! So glad the weather was great and you got your beach trip in.
Post a Comment