Thursday, September 25, 2008

New This Week

Last night I got a haircut and I also got a full weave, with chunky sections of red and blonde and dark brown. We use the same colors (this is the third time with using this combination) and it still looks different everytime! But, I like it and the cut is cute too! I was trying to go for something a little more shaggy/pixie. This picture was taken before my haircut...when I had entered the final stage in growing out my hair when I hate it and can't manage its thickness so I do my best to keep it up and off my face. (Plus, it can be difficult to manage the furball on my chest :-).) Not one single first grader said anything about my hair, I feel it is important to mention. HOWEVER...at lunch today I heard all my kids from last year whispering "Mrs. H got her haircut!" "Mrs. H. colored her hair!". Longer stares than usual ensued on the playground and the bravest boy of them all asked why I did it. I guess my new kids just don't know me well enough yet, though we are just ending our fourth week (I can't believe it...its going by so fast!).


Speaking of the furball, this is Fuz n' Pilates. I think I have mentioned before how Fuz enjoys Pilates if he is ever around when I am doing it (which is pretty much all the time). This is him in his Pilates First Position. Coincidentally, this is also his Second, Third, Fourth...Last Position. He doesn't seem to follow any other moves though he stares intently at the screen while on his back with his paws in the air. I admit, this shot was staged because last night he would not cooperate when Bryan came around with the camera. But when he wants to, he does his best to keep up with his mama in her battle against the bulge. Fuz is also a champion at keeping his weight on.


After taking dinner to Bryan at work tonight, I decided to treat Fuz to something I spotted in my most favorite store of them all (Bed Bath and Beyond) last weekend. It was a great price, and I brought along my $5 off coupon! Fuz is so spoiled. We could not afford the fancy running water machine that he left behind when he moved in with us, but we always thought it would be fun to get this rock garden fountain thing. It keeps Fuz entertained and provides ambience for us. It comes with a light though you can not really see it in the picture. Bryan set it up and it sits on our end table in the living room. I saw Fuz finally climb up to check it out three hours later, but I did not have the camera with me. I just love the sound of dripping water!! One day I hope to sit in my reclining sofa with a good book, light the candle next to it and just listen to it run for hours.


Also new this week: CuRtAiNs!!! Ever since we moved into our bigger apartment and said we would be here awhile, I wanted to do my best to make it more "home-y". Well, a year later I finally figured out how to put up curtains (after much stress and deliberation...honestly). Bryan helped by putting the rods up and I picked everything out (with the help of our two moms). I am pleased with the result (I also have sheer white tab panels in the bedroom but Bryan is sleeping in there right now and I doubt they would show in the picture). Of course, now Bryan is antzy to find a house/duplex to rent with an ATTACHED garage so we will see come December when our lease is up. But I am glad I finally did this and can cross curtains off my list. The only other interior decorating I still want to do is get a couple of house plants for the winter...



1 comment:

Nana said...

WOW, everthing worked out cute with the curtains. Sure look nice!!!! Can't quite tell about your hair tho=will have to see that in person as everthing on the top photo is reddish-orange!!