Today was a tough day with the kids. My birthday boy today reached a pink card, which is not good. Not good at all. But he said he "prayed to God in my head about it" and hopefully that will be enough to resolve the situation for the rest of the week. They were all just generally out of control- a condition of kids across town, apparently, as this was the anthem of my fellow exhausted teacher and friend Brittany. Perhaps it did not help that I only got four hours of sleep last night? Yes, most likely. But days of working until midnight and not falling asleep until 2:30 are now past me, as I finally quit Blockbuster last night. I quit without notice too. It was made very clear to me over the weekend that this was the right thing to do so though this decision was quick (no two weeks notice) I felt very confident about it. And a small part of me thinks they deserved it, but I won't go into details. So now even though I still have a full time regular job like most of middle-class America I feel like somewhat of a slacker and hope to get over that soon. I am also living on faith that the remaining bill from my summer classes will be taken care of (hopefully by the school). Now I just look forward to more time of rest and enjoying time off.
After work today I went for my appt with Dr. Jones to discuss lingering questions I had about my heart. He set my soul (and heart...get it? heart and soul...) at ease and mom's as well (she accompanied me). He broke things down clearer to me than before when we talked on the phone earlier in the summer, after wearing the heart monitor. He wants me to come in every 6-12 months for a checkup and the fluttering I was feeling was normal PVC's. It is when it lasts all day that it becomes a concern and we may have to think about fixing the 2nd extra connection that still exists in there. However, with the "fix" may come a pacemaker, which is why we are holding off on it. Hopefully I will be good to go though, and the chunk of change I laid down was well worth it.
Speaking of chunk of change, if anyone out there has some extra lying around and you would like to join Bryan and I on a cruise to Alaska next year, our group is opening up to more people to further lower the cost of the overall trip. We are leaving June 26 I believe...so let us know so Steve can book you a room! (at least two doors down from Bryan and I, who will be celebrating our third anniversary. Thank you.)
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Maybe Dad and I should book a room next to you with connecting doors!!! That is what Molly's folks did at the Edgeley motel on Molly and Sheldon's wedding night. I think that is a hoot!!! You forgot to mention in your blog that your mother almost didn't hear a word the Dr. said cause she was drooling over how cute and sweet that Dr. is. Sure made the trip worthwhile!! But yes, my mind is more at ease now. Thanks for letting me go along!!!
funny, my cardiologist was named Dr. Jones, too. But I don't remember if he was cute, as i was too busy bawling. And I certainly didn't find him sweet. Glad to hear your situation is stabilized. Sounds "normal."
Glad to hear about Blockbuster, too.
Post a Comment