Thanks for all the comments on my last few depressing posts. So many thoughts run through my head, and I know you are all right, I just dont know how to respond and thank you.
So this is it.;-) Thanks!
The weekend was much better. It started at 5:45 Friday night when I walked out of my classroom, which for a Friday night was a new world record. We had dinner all planned out and after watching about an hour of E! I was all set to clean my house, knowing the weekend was going to be fun and Bryan wanted to make sure I was busy and out of the apartment all weekend to keep my mind off Tuesday. After cleaning and making some cards I got to bed around midnight and woke up at 8, which feels so nice even though by old standards that is still really early.
My first thing to do was babysit some really cute and well behaved kids who belong to my friend and hairdresser Melissa, as she was moving houses. I took Adeline and baby Jacob with me to the Post Office (be on the lookout for an incoming package, David :-)) and to the library and we ended our morning at the Playplace at McDonalds, where we enjoyed lunch as well. After dropping them off, I headed to Clackamas where I got to try on a beautiful bridesmaid dress for my good friend Melinda's wedding in July, and then I made my way back to Beaverton to pick Bryan up. After a quick stop at the grocery store, we headed over to his sister's house for his mom's 50th birthday party, which was a lot of fun because his sister makes good food and food and family is always fun! After dinner we piled in two cars and headed down to the Rose Quarter where we watched a really funny game with the Harlem Globetrotters. Our favorite part was watching the mascot, Globe (Globe-ie) try to dance.
After being away from home all day I was exhausted! So today we accidentally (truly) slept in and missed church. Instead we watched Transformers in bed and then went on a picnic at the Pittock Mansion. It was a beautiful day to overlook Portland, though it was a little chilly! After Bryan dropped me off at our other car we left at Mom and Dads, I visited with them awhile and talked to my reassuring sister Nicole on the phone, and then I went on a couple errands, most notably to Joanne's, where I picked up some more paper, cardstock, and paper cutters and I signed up for a class with my friend Liz this Saturday morning where we will learn to make really cute Easter cards. So now I just got home at 4:45 and put some clothes in the wash and after blogging I will need to do dinner and my homework for my Tuesday night financial class.
Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts on Tuesday. Hopefully it will be good news, but because we have a class right after I may not be able to e-mail or call right away. I am so glad March is right around the corner and then Texas will only be 3 weeks away! As it gets closer I get more and more excited, although I am more and more bummed that Bryan doesn't get to go. We have been spending a lot of time together lately, which I have really enjoyed since he is still trying to get his new car up and running. He has been to the junkyard twice this weekend getting parts! Even though he stinks (:-)) I do have to say I love him and I am really thankful for him, especially during times like this. He is my light XOXO.
Have a good week!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad you have a thoughtful supportive hubby who has kept you occupied all wk-end by taking you on a picnic today and to the Globetrotters last night. I am glad too that he is concerned and willing to go to the Drs. Tues. My offer still stands in case he can't go. But he should be the one going instead of mother even if she is very inquisitive about this. Maybe he has seen me in action and knows to ask all kinds of questions!! Maybe take some notes too. I hope somehow you can call me after your appt. and before your class (remember our minutes we want to use up!! You have our love and support. We are praying for a good report Tues but keep in mind, he may order a bunch of tests that won't get done that day so you may not know too much.Remember the verse about patience that your little darlings memorized last wk.and remember that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. (I try to remember this when the sciatic pain is killing me in the middle of the night) We will PRAY, PRAY, PRAY for good reports!! Love you 2, MOM
Post a Comment