Show and Tell:
Flash back to when I was about 3 or 4? I dont know...Im just guessing. I do remember this time, but not vividly. My sister, Heather, takes me into her class for show and tell. I am the subject of show and tell. I do not know why, and I also do not know why I did what I did. Probably because I did not know why I was being dragged along as the subject of a show and tell, but evidently I felt the need to perform, so when it was Heather's turn to share, I licked her face. The kids were astonished and grossed out at the same time. Now jump ahead two decades to this past Friday. It was MY turn to bring my sister Heather to show and tell, but at least I had some better reason (ZING!): My two month old neice Lilah. Again, all kids were astonished and luckily none were grossed out as Heather artfully and deliberately skirted around the subject of how babies are born. They loved the "presentation" even more than I could have imagined...even the boys! So it was a lot of fun.
Belt on the Loose:
Thanksgiving dinner at Bryan's parent's house. Bryan gets up from the table, and in usual fashion, his pants are hanging in such a way that you can see his boxer shorts quite clearly( and he is not wearing a belt). This has been a running joke in the family, so every year he gets new boxer shorts for Christmas so his family can actually see if he is using his gifts. But today, I proudly announce that we bought Bryan a new belt (Gap Outlet stores on clearance...great deal!). His mom says, "So (pause)....where do you like to keep it?" :-)
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And this time Mom-aka Nana- wasn't embarassed. Her girls behaved very well!!! That is funny now!! Nana
I'm still weirded out that you licked her face. Thanks for reminding us. ;)
Post a Comment