We need four day weekends every weekend. It seems so fair to balance a work week with a weekend equal in length. Thanksgiving was a very nice time and I feel like I got caught up on so many things...including rest and having some fun, which is definately something to be thankful for! Bryan and I did some shopping, hit up some more Starbucks for my favorite Peppermint Mocha, and watched lots of movies. We even went out to dinner on Friday night to a really cute authentic Italian restaurant. Of course, it was also nice to spend time with family!
I also had the chance to babysit my boys from last summer, and Jacob from church on Sunday. All are really super cute, but further reiterate Bryan and my stance on being childless (knock on wood) for at least a couple more years! The most beautiful and peaceful moment of one year old Jacob's 3 1/2 hour visit to our apartment was when Bryan fell asleep on the bed, and Jacob actually SAT for a long period of time drinking his bottle while I had a chance to eat my dinner. Fuz was even respectful of the moment and did not try to eat off my plate, as he usually does, but instead he chose to be content with the grass plant we bought for him. After Jackey and I were done eating it was back to go, go go! I tried to decorate the apartment but got as far as opening the box of Christmas decs and seeing what we have and seeing what Jacob would be safe to play with (nothing!). He did make time to poop his pants and fall asleep all of five minutes before his mommy came to pick him up. Oh well! The pickup was bittersweet, as I truly enjoy spending time with Jacob (Bryan calls him a "little pimp" a.k.a. super bad/cool) but it was nice to going back to doing what I wanted to do with peace and quiet!
All in all, it was a good weekend and the week back at school was even great! By Thursday night, I was pooped out however and fell asleep on the couch the whole night. This weekend we are not up to much...just everyday errands, cleaning and going to the gym. Tomorrow night is the big Christmas party at work, to which Bryan will not be going, as he continues to dislike Christmas with a passion. Next weekend, I keep reminding Bryan, we are going to get our tree! Woo hoo!
And now for a Fuzzy update: Though we moved all of 100 feet, the water seems to taste sweeter in this apartment to our dear four legged roommate. Now he insists on getting up on the counter anytime I turn the faucet on in the sink and he reaches in and then licks his paw. He especially likes eating the soap suds, which is probably good since he has also taken a liking to the toilet!
Have a great week! Only three left until Christmas break! :-)
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
See? Now I can finally leave a comment!!!
Sounds like you've been busy. Makes me tired reading it all! :)
Post a Comment