So I have no pictures to share, and no time to really share, as it is Sunday evening (late) and I should be in bed and ready to face 6:15 (okay...6:30-6:35 is more like how it unintenitionally goes) in the morning, but here is how my spring break went.
I decided that though I did not "go anywhere" (big and exciting places), I really, really enjoyed spending the time at home and not following a rigid schedule. Of course I had my usual list of things to do and of course I only got a small percentage of it done. I did not watch any tv, I did not oversleep, but I also consciously did not overwork. There was one day when I literally cleaned from 11 am to 2 am (Mom's house then mine) but other than that the days were long and relaxing.
I am definately one who enjoys being home and wish I had a rich husband who would support my lifestyle of choice (:-) but alas life goes on and there is work to do and money to be made outside of home. So I cherish these small breaks and will be counting down the weeks now until summer! While teaching definately has its drawbacks, the vacation schedule just does not compare to anything else out there! This will be the first summer I plan to enjoy and if I work I will only do so parttime. I also look forward to volunteering and giving back to the community in my free time, as well as having a garage sale, finishing my picture project, deciding what to do next/applying for new jobs, etc. So while Spring Break was intended to be a preparation for these things, this is how it turned out:
* Went to dinner at Olive Garden and Sweet Tomatos. We also bought Subway one day and went on a picnic at Pittock Mansion overlooking POrtland. And we BBQ'd and had pizza twice. Yummm...
*Went on lots of walks (Bryan also started playing Basketball with a group at the neighborhood park)
*Finished Season 2 and 3 of Dexter and watched a couple other movies (including one in the theater).
*Went to Sherwood for an afternoon and visited a new nature park.
*Went to the dentist, the doctor, Bryan had an MRI and xrays, ...
*Visited several friends who I never see or who live farther away
*Spent time with my parents, sister and niece (called other two sisters on the phone), then visited with nearly all of my in-laws
*Went shopping
* Read some of a book (almost done)
* Cleaned, babysat 5 kids, and cleaned again :-(. I also finally got started on my big filing project.
* Weeded
*Planned the next two weeks
*Budgeted
*Church twice, laundry twice, nap twice
Two not so fun occurences:
*Car almost got broken into
*Neighbor/friend got arrested for reasons unknown. Two cop cars came to pick him up at the same time my friend brought her kids over to spend the night.
So that is that! It was more fun than I anticipated and less stressful! I can't wait for my next day off, which will be Friday- Good Friday!
Have a great week!
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment