Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter 2010~

This weekend was a three-day weekend for me, as our school celebrates Good Friday. I spent it running errands and having lunch with a friend. I also saw a movie with another friend and went out to dinner with Bryan. Saturday I was housesitting all day and then today we went to church and spent the rest of the day eating and enjoying the company of both of our families.

Now that Spring Break and Easter are over and done with, I feel like I am getting ready to run my next marathon as I head into the fourth quarter of the school year. Though I love my class, I am SOOOOO ready for summer and a break. This has been the most emotional and trying year by far, as I am not only figuring out a new grade all over again but I am dealing with the baggage of a few select parents who like to make anyone's life hell.

I realize it has zapped all my joy out of teaching recently, and I am reaching critical burnout levels. Bryan is also at a crossroads in his career and he needs to make some important decisions as well. At least he is lucky to have a job and have another job laid at his feet. I have a job too, but finding one that is my "dream job" and offered to me is a little harder to come by.

So in all our stress and exhaustion we need to remember to give it all up to God. I have been walking further and further from Him and filling all my downtime lately with mindless tv watching, internet surfing or reading. Instead, we should both be searching for answers in prayer and in His word. God sent His son Jesus to our world because he loves us and wants to take care of us. I need to stop trying to call the shots and let His will be fulfilled.

I have found this is often the best and worst time of the year. It becomes Spring and the weather gets better, but we get busier and busier and wonder "What should I do next?" I hope this Spring and Summer God gives me a clear answer, and both Bryan and I find the happiness in change that we are both seeking...

1 comment:

宥軒宥軒 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.