Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dave Ramsey Live!



Dave Ramsey is a Christian financial guru and national syndicated radio and TV show host (making appearances on all morning shows and afternoon talk shows and he is always on the radio and in the paper). He brings a biblical perspective on money and how to use it properly. He is highly entertaining (using all sorts of media throughout his presentation to keep the momentum going), and insightful. And we got to see him live, yesterday!

Pictured above is my friend Brittany and I. We attended the Financial Peace University class (through the church/school we teach at) almost two years ago. It was highly rewarding and I recommend this class to anyone, from any walk of life. Its so powerful it makes me teary! And I love how he always begins and ends with his personal testimony and an encouragement to get to know Jesus. While yesterday was pretty much an overview of all he teaches, it got me motivated once again! As he says, "Managing your money is 20% knowledge and 80% behavior".

Although Bryan and I have come a long way, we still have a long ways to go, and I can't imagine doing it without having the knowledge from this class. Bryan, of course, can and would rather he didn't have to endure this event all day yesterday. He was a poop the whole day and thats why he is not pictured. But I am glad he went and hope that once we speak to each other again, that we can learn to work together better on our budget.

1 comment:

Alli Kat said...

Ah, Dave...he is so good! Mike and I are working on his plan too. So far, so good!