This past week was not the best one. We woke up on Sunday morning with a phone call from my mom saying that Dad was taken to the hospital after some negative drug interactions caused him complications during the night. Unfortunately, he had to stay there overnight and is still recovering at home. Then on Thursday I left school early with muscle aches and chest congestion that developed into a pretty hefty flu that caused everything in my body to go wrong. Everytime I thought I was making a turnaround, my fever would come back and I ended up missing 2 1/2 days of work. More importantly, I missed spending time with my parents and my sisters and their families who live out of town. I missed Lilah's 2nd/ Miranda's 3rd birthday party (and Gabe's!) and yesterday I missed my class field trip to the pumpkin patch.
I was finally able to go back to school today with a tremendous amount of energy. The kids were pretty excited to see me too. Even though the substitute was awesome and spoiled them, I think we were all happy to get back to the daily grind. One boy who I particularily have to keep a watchful eye on did not say hi when he walked in this morning, but I did hear him mutter "FINALLY!" under his breath, which tells me he missed me ;-). And my house is so organized, Im caught up on all my reading, and I have hours upon hours of accumulated sleep to fall back on. While it all turned out okay for me, we still need prayers for Dad! These pictures were taken in the hospital on the night the birthday party was originally planned, the day Nicole and Gabe arrived from Idaho. We still had a good time in the hospital :-).
No comments:
Post a Comment