Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Time Flies...

I was on a walk the other night and the thought crossed my mind that Bryan and I have been married for nearly 3 1/2 years. Then I thought, Good Lord, next anniversary we will be married 4 years and shortly after that I will turn 27! No longer a mid- twenty something but a "late twenties" person. Uggghhh. Then I remembered that when Bryan and I got married and people asked us when we would have kids, my answer was "3-5 years". I eventually settled on 4 yrs, thinking that 2010 would be a nice, even year to have a baby (our wedding date is 6-24-06.. a nice square number...Im all about the numbers). Which would mean that by this time we should be getting busy. And when I imagined this time in my mind sooooo long ago, I imagined a much different scenario- one of more stability. Not that our life is not stable. It is getting there. But a lot slower than anticipated. And major roadblocks have sprung up. And MOSTLY we have just not "grown-up" according to the plan. We are still kids at heart and it will take us a little longer to mature and settle down. And we know by observation what we would be in for. And so for now we are just happy to wait, sit on the sidelines and continue watching time pass us by.

No comments: