This past week I had a rare opportunity to engage in activities by myself. Both the baby that I nanny and the kids that I tutor were off on family vacations so I had a *whole* five days to do what I wanted- but it ended up being what I needed to do to get ready for the upcoming school year and other various things I procrastinated on. Needless to say, the five days went by in a dizzying tailspin and I am wishing I had another week off. Oh well- there is always Christmas in four months.
*I cleaned the house at the beginning and end of the week, sandwiched between two weekends of travel (Sisters and Seaside).
*I talked to our tax professional and found out that the $800 "stimulus" is basically a loan that we will have to repay in taxes come April.
*I cleaned out my old classroom, sorted books, categorized and labeled the new books into groups and began organizing my new third grade classroom (over the span of 3 days). I am really starting to look forward to school starting...I am okay with doing this another year!
*I found out I gained 2.6 pounds at WW and am mad because I think I have hit my first plateau. I have been hovering at the same weight for many weeks.
*Bryan and I saw a movie and I had dinner with a friend.
*I also rented a couple movies and books from the library.
*I helped out at my church for four hours during the day setting up and distributing food to needy people who came to the food pantry. Never again will I complain because I "have to" go grocery shopping- I have realized this is a priviledge and nothing makes me happier than selecting and paying for my own food.
*Shopped and packed for our camping trip...
*Ran errands and began many more projects...
I probably could have been more productive last week (maybe I am forgetting some things?) but I have come to realize I move slow. Now the pressure is on because school is starting in 3 weeks! Next summer I may have to take the whole summer off- if I can afford it! Though I was busy, I thoroughly enjoyed this time...
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment