Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Change in Perspective

I can feel myself gravitating towards the desire for the routines of school to start again. I am by no means ready to go back tomorrow (I have SOOOO much to do physically with switching grades) but I can feel my mind getting back in the game.

I think part of it is I am done with summer weather, and fall is totally my favorite season. But lately, I have also been frustrated with the crazy schedules of my jobs. I am part-time nannying and part-time tutoring for several families, and I feel like my "availability" is being taken advantage of. Parents don't show up until an hour and half after their expected time of arrival, or parents don't bring their kids to tutoring at all and decide not to tell me until 5 minutes before their e.t.a. And then once I even had a parent bring her son for tutoring when I was not expecting (I was running through the sprinkler in my swimsuit with my friend's child).

Bryan often complains that people don't take him seriously with his side jobs he does from home on cars. Often people don't show up when they say they will, and now I understand how he feels. I think I am looking forward to getting back to a fixed schedule, and I can decide how to spend my hours before or after school.

I know that everything happens for a reason and I was in such a need for a break from school I never thoguht I would say I would be ready to go back again, so I am thankful for this change in perspective. All in all, it has been a good summer but I think I will be ready to establish some "normalcy" again. Its funny how a change in perspective can alter my mood...

No comments: