Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday

What a day....I am not sure why (well, I can guess...) I was in such a bad mood today. A lot of it is most likely PMS, a longstanding series of unfortunate events/mistakes, with a mixture of weather thrown in for spite. Brighter, sunnier days defintately have me happier (when they come around). But I also have a tendency to not only dwell on my own misfortunes, but those of others. Today I got a call at 9:15 from my friend and mother to baby Jacob (see prior post) saying that her sister was found unconscious this morning by her sister's husband. They live in Seattle, so Melissa was driving up as she called. Later today when I called back, it turned out her sister had had a heart attack in her sleep. Today is her sister's 27th birthday. To add to that, her sister had a baby about 2 months ago. Sometimes life is so confusing but I suppose it is another testament to never knowing what the plan for your life is. I was thinking later about the "poor me" mantra I routinely exercise and how just yesterday I was complaining about having a stupid extra connection in my heart and knowing that later it will probably have to get fixed. Then I remembered the doctor describing it more as a "nuissance" than a "danger" and I really do have to count my blessings. At least I can see this one coming, and I am no longer in any danger of losing my life. So tonight we are keeping that family in our prayers...

On another case in point, I actually forgot to take my class to PE ontime today. I had them working on DIY (do it yourself) projects with 10 minutes left before PE, so I got wound up in doing a little financial homework on the computer. The next time I looked at the clock, it is three minutes past their PE start time. While just yesterday I was beginning to think I was coming out of my foggyness, this little incident (the first this year that I made them late to anything...though I am routinely late to work myself) set me back once again. You would think I would have wanted them out of my hair after the day I had been having...I was so tired at this point of hearing their whiny little voices saying "teacher!" over and over. So we played the game of counting how fast they could all get their gym shoes on and get in line, so I would not lose any more of my precious time to myself. Maybe I am starting to get a little antsy for the end of the year...only three and a half more weeks!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about your friend's sister. I hope everything is all right!