Friday, May 23, 2008

Big Friday


Today was great...and will continue to be I hope! It is only 4:50 and yup- I am not at school! It feels amazing to have left at 4:45 (it could have been 4:30 if I did not talk as much to Britney). The big excitement for the day was Bryan came for lunch!!! He had a paid day off and I wanted Wendys! This totally rocked their world, especially the girls. And as luck would have it, it was raining outside so we all got to go into the gym for recess where Bryan had the pleasure of shooting baskets and being a Glohetrotter wannabe, looked upon in amazement by all the little guys. He taught some how to dribble and spin the ball on thier tiny fingers. My favorite part was when one little girl came up to me and said in a quiet whisper, as if it were a secret and I had not been living with this for the last seven years: "Um- Mrs H.? I saw your husbands undies. I saw they were blue." :-) Another little girl just shook her head and said "I see you have a big kid on your hands". Yep- Big kid or not, you gotta love him. I just have a sneaking suspicion that as parents, Bryan will always be the more fun one and I will be the rule-keeper.

This weekend is looking to be pretty low-key. The highlight was supposed to be a trip to the beach for the day, though the weather looks pretty crummy. I do get to meet with a good friend of mine (different from the post two days ago) and try on my bridesmaid dress and shoes, and meet with her other friend to help plan the shower. In a few minutes I have to go back to the school (go figure) for a catered dinner and silent auction. If I am still up for it, I may clean when I get home. Lately, Fuzzy has been acting as though he has a constant fire lit under his butt and no longer walks or saunters down the hall. NO joke- he literally leaps like a gazelle. We have not figured out why, but apparently he is trying some new tricks on the potty as well and yesterday he totally soaked the floor and rug with his urine (after messing up his aim in the litter box). He is such a wierd cat and I just wish I knew what goes through his little pea-size brain sometimes.

Well, better go...Have a happy Memorial Day!

No comments: