Things I am going to work on:
1) Save time by being a little LESS organized. (I have a tendency to write lists, then re-write and over-plan which results in frustration and time lost).
2.) Recipes: Find and implement. Low fat ones would be a bonus.
3.) Child-proof. Follow up with doctor for effective means (see last blog).
4.) Put pictures in albums rather than in a box. Added incentive: I recieved not one but two photo albums for Christmas.
5.) Read. My bookshelf and nightstand are currently overrun by borrowed books and periodicals I can never seem to get to (I have every issue from Reader's Digest last year that I have yet to read).
6.) This is the most important: Be thankful. See below.
Today was a good reminder to myself of how to be thankful. Bryan was all set to go to a dentist appt tomorrow morning. Something told me I should call and confirm this appointment. Surprisingly (sarcasm) the secretaries at the office messed up AGAIN and the appointment tomorrow does not exist on their records. Instead of being angry, I looked for the good in the situation. I am thankful that Bryan did not take unneeded time off work to drive all the way to Tigard to find this out. I am also thankful that this mistake afforded me the opportunity to call Bryan's boss to find out a little more about other dental insurance alternatives since we are looking to switch from this company.
Science has proven that stress and worry do a number on your body and ultimately your life expectancy. So for 2008 I am going to *try* to move my stress to the happy part of my brain that makes me more thankful. I have learned that in every bad situation you can always find several things to be thankful about (i.e. the common phrase: "It could have been worse"). Now, I am starting this year off with several stressors on my back (including the above mentioned beef with our dental/insurance provider, the stresses of parents and an impending observation at work later this month, and of course, finances...January would not be January without this stress as credit cards bills show up in the mailbox as sure as spit). So today I prayed this prayer that I felt compelled to share: Dear Lord, stress affects not only my health but the ability I have to have faith in You. Please forgive me for my apparent lack of faith. Please give me wisdom and discernment, as well as opportunities to face these obstacles effectively. Thank you. Amen.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment