So I am sort of at a loss what to say in this blog. Unusual when you consider my latest rantings. I feel like this break has been two weeks and it feels like forever since I have been to our classroom. At the same time, I am not enjoying this Sunday evening wistfullness as I think back over the last two Sundays that I have been able to enjoy without thinking "Another work week starts tomorrow!". Well, it is back to business as usual I suppose, though I know this week will probably fly by! But I cannot tell you exactly what I have been doing the last couple of weeks except to say I feel like I got a lot done but at the same time there is more I would like to do. Thus, added to my resolutions: Figure out finances and stick to a program. Who knows the best way to go about preparing financially for the rest of your life? I guess I will go on and do some internet searching on this, my last day of break ,and you are all witnessing procrastination at its finest as I sit here and blog about how clueless I feel. I guess I could talk to a financial planner? Oh and not to mention, taxes are coming up too! Grrr....
I did get a chance to get some reading done over break and as my community group (Bible Study) has been finishing up a study on Proverbs, this verse stuck out to me: "The hopes of the godly result in happiness, but the expectations of the wicked are all in vain." (10:28) For those of us who know God and try our best to walk with Him daily, this is a joyful message and one that I found perfect to start off 2008 with. I know that when I have a lot of worries on my mind I can be hopeful and happy and rest easy knowing that God is there to handle it (if I do my best to have faith, which is not easy). But if you don't have a personal relationship with God how can you expect to handle all your worries and concerns on your own? If you do not love and honor God, the ruler of the Universe and the One in control, you will not be blessed and your efforts will be worthless. I don't know, just a thought...I do not usually go quoting Bible verses because I am not a Bible scholar and I worry about misinterpretation but if you are looking for good advice, Proverbs and Psalms is where you can go to find it.
Have a good week!
P.S. WHEN is it going to SNOW?!?!
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"Live each day like tomorrow is your last." Just a little help with figuring out your finances. Don't worry about them to much, and don't let them take over you life, but as usual be responsible. :)
You want snow? Come to Idaho...
As for finances, I recommend reading. The more you are educated about it, the better you'll feel.
I can email you some suggestions if you want.
Your Dad has some books on investing and if you have the time, he will be GLAD to tell you about investing!!!
Post a Comment