Sunday, April 22, 2012

2012 So Far!

So here it is the end of April, and we are nearly 1/3 of the way through 2012. Here is an abbreviated list of what has been happening in the Heinrichs home: In February, we spent a day at Mt Hood and a night at the beach in Seaside. We got a screaming deal on a beachfront suite that I had been dreaming about, but that we could never afford! This was our Valentine's Day treat :-). We also celebrated Bryan's mom's birthday and welcomed the arrival of visiting guests, my cousin David and his wife Claire from Philadelphia, at the end of February. During this visit, we toured Multnomah Falls, Portland, the beaches, Portland Saturday market, Vancouver, and searched for majestic mountaintop photo ops! :-) We ended our visit with a Blazer game at the Rose Garden arena. It was a great week of fun! A few short weeks later, I enjoyed my annual Spring break. Not to mention, we had record-breaking snow in MARCH, 2 days prior to the start of Spring Break! Lots of visiting and catching up with family and friends, since I always seem to run so short on time otherwise. However, it ended sadly when Bryan had to have surgery on his nose, sinus and tonsils. He is still slowly recovering. But, in early April we enjoyed ANOTHER visit from out of town family, his Grandparents from California and great Aunt Fran from Pennsylvania, and his sister and her kids from Seattle! We spent time eating and fellowshipping together around the table, and we enjoyed a fabulous Easter celebration! We also recently celebrated Bryan's niece's first birthday! What a fun day celebrating such a wonderful blessing with family (see picture below)! I also recently won a Spa Day Off from working in my classroom, via a school fundraiser! I enjoyed a full day of pampering, including a massage, a new hair cut/color, a pedicure, lunch with a friend and dinner with Bryan! Other miscellaneous dates with Bryan have included a couple car shows, and today, we got to go to a Tulip Festival (see picture below)! We have been actively trying to de-stress our lives, as many changes are happening or about to happen. Bryan is in talks with his current business partners to buy out their portion of the business and be solo owner. We also have taken several financial blows so far this year, with the most recent being some medical needs for our cat (and our only baby) Fuzzy. He has the potential of having skin cancer and a tumor and/or infection in his eye. We also deal with ongoing medical issues in our family. However, we are blessed to have a home (and a roommate!), each other, jobs, a (somewhat) steady income, health insurance, cars to travel in, and to be near our family and close friends. We are also blessed that the sun finally came out today and it hit 80 degrees! I am soooooo ready for summer, even though I will be working. However, once again, I am fortunate to have jobs lined up without too much stress or interviewing! :-) I cant believe another school year is nearly over! God has been blessing us tremendously!

No comments: