Monday, January 17, 2011

January so far...






Not my favorite month, especially the last half. The first half is usually still fun after the Christmas holiday has ended, and people are still around. Last weekend I met up with friends from High School, which was a kick. Bryan and I also spent time hanging out together (we went for a long drive on the back roads and found snow!) and with some of his friends from work. This weekend, we got to get away to the beach for a night. We stayed at our favorite, the Comfort Inn in Seaside. They have super nice accomodations and are very affordable. We had a corner room overlooking Main Street and the Riverwalk. We were both so tired from events throughout the week that we mostly just watched movies and went swimming. Plus it rained a lot- so much that the town flooded and we had to take another route home (but we got to see some Elk, as pictured above)! We also celebrated Mom's birthday this weekend with a Chinese dinner and a movie! Last night Bryan's family also came over for pizza and game night! Today (Martin Luther King Jr Day) was spent catching up! I feel like I never overpower my list, but just when I get to a good place to stop on the never-ending to-do's, I have to go back to work and then another week of miscellaneous tasks catch up with me all over again! Arg. But, being busy helps pass the time, and as I said, January is not my favorite. Only 2 more weeks until February! I guess I shouldn't be counting down the days, since these winter months are the easiest months to be lazy. I guess I should enjoy them? Why is it that I still feel so busy though?

No comments: