A
* Jesus follower
* wife
*daughter
*daughter in law
*sister
*sister in law
*auntie
*grandaughter
*cousin
*friend
*teacher (also includes: babysitter, substitute mommy, negotiator, nurse, spiritual guide, etc)
*neighbor
*volunteer
*mentor
* mama to my cat :-)/ future mama (God-willing)(okay, okay, I know this one really doesn't count yet...)
* [...]
Is it any wonder I have no time or energy left at the end of the day?? Some days I not only carry the weight of the world on my shoulder, but I shoulder other's burdens as well. For example, yesterday two students in my class witnessed the passing of a grandmother and the loss of a brother. And then on my way home, I bent up my tire/hubcap in an accident inside the carwash, where I had a minor panic atttack, then I proceeded to have a meltdown in Bryan's office in front of his two buddies (this is small potatoes comparatively, but traumatic enough for me).
Sometimes I just feel drained with no life or emotion or charisma left inside of me. Its hard to muster up a conversation with a stranger, or become friendly with a new person. I can be impressionable and let others influence my thinking, because I don't have time to make my own decisions, or I just don't choose to care. But on the other hand, I can swing for the fence when it comes time to react, by reacting above and beyond the standard protocal (i.e. way too intensely). Lately I have let things bother me that really shouldn't. And this is all at the end of the day when I am done socializing with the world (poor Bryan).
Looking over my list of all I am to everybody else, its no wonder why. Too many hats to count, but where am I in all of it?
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment