This past week our computer busted and the budget wasn't looking too good. Well, I have someone looking at the computer now and someone who owed Bryan money paid up.So things are getting better on that front. And I am past all the work and parent bitching that comes with the end of the quarter, and we seem to have all gotten over the flu bug that was being passed around...
However, I still find myself in a slump and when I am at home on the weekends I find myself surrounded by clutter and the organizing project that I should've had done over Christmas break. My weekdays and weeknights have been consumed with work and volunteering though I will soon have some weeknights open again but wonder if I will have the energy to face the stacks of files and the cabinets in the garage that are overflowing? We have been here over a year and already I feel like we have grown out of the house (granted, the construction of the house really lacks in storage).
Then today it dawned on me that soon Spring will be here and with that comes outdoor work. So while it is cold and gray out now, I NEED to get the inside of my house taken care of because soon I will become occupied by endless weeds and trying to figure out how and what to plant outside. Luckily, work ended early last fall and for SOME reason I never had any leaves to rake up, even though we live underneath massive trees. Maybe a forgiving wind carried them away? Even though it is still early February, I can smell and taste spring in the air. We have had a pretty mild winter- I have only had to scrape ice off the car a couple times (on December mornings), but lately it has been relatively warm.
Usually I excell at cleaning and organizing (some who live with me may say I do it too much) so I don't know what my current deal is (maybe it has something to do with work and the other mentioned activities that are depleting my energy?). Now I am beginning to think about what I can't do and should really try to do, like cook (and plan recipes), mend my own clothes, repair my own items, and of course, garden. With this comes the age-old question of how to manage my time and do all this?? Its so hard to keep up! And then there are the hobbies I would like to do more of, like cardmaking, writing, framing/organizing pictures, reading....
Now I will think about this as I engage in another activity I have so called "dropped the ball on" recently: exercise. Its amazing I have not put 30 pounds back on with how lazy I have felt lately. But the sun is finally starting to peak through so maybe now is a good time to go, get some fresh air and re-group.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment