Thursday, February 11, 2010

Making Light



This little girl in my class gives the class interesting updates on her home and family life all too often, and today she wrote this story about what God did for her family, and included a lovely before/after picture of Mom and Dad fighting. While it is sad, she is quite the spunky girl and she told me that her Mom was going to be mad at her for doing this, before she began to do it. But I think it is painfully honest and beautiful and hopefully Dad and Mom will learn a lesson from this little anecdote.

(Since it turned out hard to see, here is my spell-checked version of her message:

"He (God) stopped my mom and dad from divorcing twice. Also we just forgot all about it and went on with our lives. And we trusted God to take care of Mom and Dad and OUR WHOLE FAMILY."

Picture: Mom saying "Get out!" Dad saying "No!"

1 day later: Dad says "We forgave" Mom says " I love you".

(I told Bryan this is why you don't share too much with your kids!)

No comments: