Saturday, May 16, 2009

Yahoo!!!!

Yesterday I accidentally pulled out a pair of jeans that my booty had not seen in two years. And guess what? It worked. All day yesterday I rocked that pair of jeans like there was no tomorrow. And today? Well, it was hot so I tested my luck with an older pair of denim capris. It....worked....but....not as well. I still have some work to do! But I like it when I can begin to see results of my hard earned efforts. May has been a busy month with birthdays and celebrations, so the pounds are not dropping as fast, so that is unfortunate. But at least I am still going down. Also unfortunate today: the snake sighting. That will probably put a real big damper on my motivation to go walking outside.

I have T minus one month until the first of two weddings/trips. I wanted to look bangin' but dropping 50+ pounds is not likely from when I started diet/exercise in March. I just tried on the bridesmaid dress I am wearing to Arizona on June 13 and it fits better than it did last summer when I wore it to another wedding, but I am in no way ready for the next size down (which is okay- it saves me money!). Maybe between the two trips I will try the Daniel Fast again for a quick weight loss effort and see where that gets me. Since we will be with our hearty-eating family in the country in late June/early July I will probably gain it all back by the time we get home.

Alrighty- better go get some work done. SO far this weekend, we went out to eat with family, and swimming and birthday shopping, slept in this morning (slept through our committment to giving our friends a ride to the airport...ooops)exercised, wasted time waiting at the bank, visited with more family and now I am sitting around home trying to get up the motivation to clean. Tomorrows plans: the Zoo!

I am also working diligently on landing a summer nanny job and also potentitally a new full time job altogether. I have been on a steady emotional roller coaster of do I stay or do I go? (from my current job) since Spring break and I am tired! Yesterday I applied to a really cool sounding job but have not heard back yet. Sometimes I think my doors are closed but sometimes I wonder if they open...its hard not to get my hopes up!

No comments: