Monday, May 25, 2009

Beach Trip!










It turns out yesterday was the only day Bryan and I could schedule to be together this weekend...sad face. While he is busy working on Fugly, I have been exercising and cleaning and running errands and taking care of paperwork and....

BUT we did take a day out to have fun (as we have been doing the last six Sundays in a row...I like this)...this time at the beach! We left after going to church and picking up plants at the store (Bryan built me a little garden area on his day off on Friday. I will post pics later). Since going to Seaside is the only route our car knows, we headed in that direction only to be stopped in a long line of traffic. So, we took a detour and headed through Tillamook on our way to Lincoln City. However, we were both a little tired of driving so we decided to take an exit towards Pacific Beach, which is a beach I don't know that I have ever been to but I had heard good things about and always wanted to try.

I liked it right away, and apparently so did many other people. It was pretty crowded (not the clean and quiet little beach I had heard about) so I cannot imagine what Seaside was like. We were lucky enough to find a spot to park and headed down with our blanket to lay on the sand for a couple hours. Bryan was excited to go to the beach only because it meant he could drive his rc car. Inititially, he was skeptical about driving it with so many people around. However, it was a big hit among dogs, children and even adults. I had no idea this little toy was that cool. A lot of people stopped to ask about it and kids wanted to drive it. In not so many words, Bryan told the kids to beat it. I wanted to try climbing the giant sand dune (pictured above) but could not muster the energy. It was very pleasant to lay on the beach, but after awhile we got restless so we got back in the car to head to Lincoln City, the town where we spent our honeymoon. Coming back here after 3 years (next month is our anniversary!)we realized how easy life was back then and how much fun we had. Usually people say the first year of marriage is the worst, but both Bryan and I disagree about that (not that our marriage itself was better the first year, but that we had a lot less crap to deal with).

Our first stop was the house we stayed at on our honeymooon, overlooking the ocean (pictured above). Then, we headed to the outlet stores where again we were lucky to find parking. Bryan bought new shoes and basketball shorts at Nike (I struck out miserably...oh well) and I got a couple gifts at Bath and Body Works (which saved me a trip to the mall today!). We were going to go to Mo's for dinner but the line was out the door to the getty so instead we settled on dinner and desert at DQ before heading home in the traffic. We took a detour through Newberg so it still only took us two hours to get home. After we shook out the sand, we plopped down in the family room to watch Paul Blart Mall Cop, which was funny at times but very mediocre.

It was a fun day! Its always hard to go back to the daily grind, though....

No comments: