Post accident and reimbursement by the offender's insurance company, Bryan was able to purchase the car that he has "been in love with" since he first saw it a year ago. Its a 1990 Civic Si hatchback that is clean and he is only the third owner. The friend he bought it from only had it a year (his friend bought it from an old rich guy who drove it since new)until he had to give it up to pay some bills. I still have yet to figure out what the draw to the car is, but in Bryan's opinion it is better than mine (even though it is 11 years older???). Apparently it has more than meets the eye? Now Bryan is torn about whether or not to keep his other Honda (the CRX which was the racecar) because he may eventually want to use this new one for racing.
In which case, we may eventually be in the market for a third car once again. But, being married to Bryan, I have realized and nearly come to accept that we are ALWAYS "in the market" for more cars. Bryan keeps suggesting I change my car (which I have had for a whole 2 years, but I remain dedicated to my LaFonda the Honda). At least for Bryan the last change of cars was not his choice, but it ended up working out in his favor. I wasn't too keen on his decision to get this one because I am more partial to cars that we buy that actually run. It took him two weeks to get this one up and running again...now it is not so bad. We have yet to come up with a name for this current addition to our fleet...
This weekend we played host to three tiny friends plus one four-legged friend in addition to Fuz (who was freaked out of his mind). Bryan took me out on a date Friday night after I cut out of school early (it was teacher workday) and visited an old friend. We went out to dinner and rented a couple movies that we have yet to watch because we always fall asleep. On Saturday it was super nice, so when the kids came I took them to the neighborhood park. Then my niece Lilah came over (in the company of Simon the dog) and we played and ate dinner. The other two boys, age 2 and 8, belong to my friend Melissa. The two toddlers got along great! The 8 year old just played video games and wrestled with Bryan (his favorite)...After Lilah left, we went to the nickel arcade and loaded the other kids up on fabulous prizes way past their bedtime and we all came home and crashed. It was a lot of fun and Bryan and I continue to enjoy babysitting and spoiling children until their parents pick them up and we can sleep!
Yesterday we ran errands in the morning and then dropped the kids off at their grammy's. Bryan and I headed over to Lake Oswego, where Bryan's boss bought tickets for the whole staff at the shop to watch the Super Bowl in a bar that was closed to the public...it was an open bar and buffet for the private party. Bryan had fun, though I did not because I developed a splitting migraine and don't really follow football. By the time we got home last night, I was ready for a nap and ended up going to bed super early.
So that was my weekend and now it is another week...two weeks from today is my next day off! Valentine's day is just around the corner! Happy February!
1 comment:
LOL! I thought that comment about always being in the market for a car was cute :)
Post a Comment