We spent Labor Day weekend at a wedding, at drunk/cosmic bowling, and mostly just waiting for Brandon to arrive home on leave from Iraq. Bryan and I had originally planned to go to Crater Lake/Diamond Lake and Wildlife Safari, but it all just worked out perfectly. I had not heard from Brandon for a few days so we were anxiously waiting for his e.t.a. This was a secret we had to keep for a couple of weeks from his family. He finally was on Facebook in Germany on Sunday (waiting for his flight) and told me he would be to Portland around 3 p.m. on Monday. We kinda sorta invited his parents over for dinner so they would not make other plans, but we still had to wait and see if Brandon would really arrive.
He did! So we quickly hid him in his bedroom once we saw his parents arrive around 6, and I cleverly used the old "So you want to see how I cleaned Brandon's room?" trick (though we all know it was posted here on this blog), so in she walked to find Brandon moments after saying "I miss my baby boy." It was a heart wrenching moment. So Brandon posted it on YouTube :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wxElF9aXmU
Since this familial gettogether, we have hardly seen the guy though he is living here. He keeps odd hours and has been out and about, catching up with other friends and eating all his favorite food and playing all his video games.
Bryan and I are both so exhausted from going back to work that it is making a long week for us! We are looking forward to the weekend when we can hopefully have more fun (and be more fun!).
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment